MI CITY review?

I think you're reading me wrong. Those who know me ... know that I'm more critical and dig deeper with my comments when I enjoy something very much and see a ton a potential. Don't sweat my opinions my friend. Cavies staff have proven they know what they're doing. Just keep in mind that every knowledgeable fan who's been around a while has preferences in the way they would like to see and hear a corps perform. Rather than take the comment as a slam .. maybe compare it to your own thoughts when you see the show. Then you might know where the poster is coming from.

Otherwise ........ WAH! B)

You've posted a couple of times refering to the Cavie program as "hose jobs" Where is that coming from?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've posted a couple of times refering to the Cavie program as "hose jobs" Where is that coming from?

Dude .. do we really have to fight over STANDARD drum corps TERMINOLOGY in a Review thread that has no reviews? Everyone hoses. It's a fact of the activity. Some hose more than others ... some hoses are MAJOR and some hoses make a ton a sense and make the show better.

Seriously, if we need to have a beef ... PM me and let's keep the thread clean.

GO GREEN .. GO RED ... GO CREAM ... GO ....... BLOO Blue blah blah blah rah rah rah!

Dude .. do we really have to fight over STANDARD drum corps TERMINOLOGY in a Review thread that has no reviews? Everyone hoses. It's a fact of the activity. Some hose more than others ... some hoses are MAJOR and some hoses make a ton a sense and make the show better.

Seriously, if we need to have a beef ... PM me and let's keep the thread clean.

GO GREEN .. GO RED ... GO CREAM ... GO ....... BLOO Blue blah blah blah rah rah rah!

I just want you to back up your "hose" and you can't seem to that's all. Just to criticize with no back up is just ranting junk, it's stupid. You seem to have talent muscially (you're still playing) I was just hoping to seem some reason other than personal emotion

I just want you to back up your "hose" and you can't seem to that's all. Just to criticize with no back up is just ranting junk, it's stupid. You seem to have talent muscially (you're still playing) I was just hoping to seem some reason other than personal emotion

Ok fine ... we'll end this now.

To ERASE 30-60 seconds of the brass book in order to do audible timing stuff which enhances your General Effect is a HOSE! (in this case a bad one and a rehash)

To cut the pit out for 8 measures in order to have ensemble timing stay cohesive from front to back in a segment that has major syncopation is a (good) HOSE!

To cut the trumpets out for 4 measures of the next segment so that the mello voice can be heard due to staging issues..... is a HOSE (and that was a good one also).

Shall I continue? I'm sure I can come up with 10 other hoses they've done since the original release of their audio ... and the additions they've made to the program. Would you like me to review the HOSING other corps have done? I have admitted to seeing Cavies and Coats (due to the EXCELLENT scheduling DCI has done in my area this year) the most this summer so I'll gladly do so if you wish. If you think I'm critical of Cavies, head over to Bluecoats forums where I question (in depth) the plot and storyline of their show. Just because I tell it like I see it doesn't mean I'm bagging a corps. It's called a review and it allows the poster to give personal opinion and a critical view of the inner workings of the performance. Get over it :)

By the way .. I wouldn't take a day off work, drive 2 and half hours and sit in 90 degree Michigan weather with 110% humidity to watch a corps rehearse for 9 hours if I didn't like what they were doing. So I guess your conception of me bagging the Cavies is a tad off base. If you marched there, I would have to say that you don't take constructive criticism or critical observations very well. Better yet, post your own review and we'll talk about that.

Ok fine ... we'll end this now.

To ERASE 30-60 seconds of the brass book in order to do audible timing stuff which enhances your General Effect is a HOSE! (in this case a bad one and a rehash)

To cut the pit out for 8 measures in order to have ensemble timing stay cohesive from front to back in a segment that has major syncopation is a (good) HOSE!

To cut the trumpets out for 4 measures of the next segment so that the mello voice can be heard due to staging issues..... is a HOSE (and that was a good one also).

Shall I continue? I'm sure I can come up with 10 other hoses they've done since the original release of their audio ... and the additions they've made to the program. Would you like me to review the HOSING other corps have done? I have admitted to seeing Cavies and Coats (due to the EXCELLENT scheduling DCI has done in my area this year) the most this summer so I'll gladly do so if you wish. If you think I'm critical of Cavies, head over to Bluecoats forums where I question (in depth) the plot and storyline of their show. Just because I tell it like I see it doesn't mean I'm bagging a corps. It's called a review and it allows the poster to give personal opinion and a critical view of the inner workings of the performance. Get over it :)

By the way .. I wouldn't take a day off work, drive 2 and half hours and sit in 90 degree Michigan weather with 110% humidity to watch a corps rehearse for 9 hours if I didn't like what they were doing. So I guess your conception of me bagging the Cavies is a tad off base. If you marched there, I would have to say that you don't take constructive criticism or critical observations very well. Better yet, post your own review and we'll talk about that.

It's a shame that with all of your "talent" you sit on the sidelines and whiz all over apparently everyones shows. If you are so good, why aren't you an instructor "helping" these Corps improve instead of "Monday morning Quarterbacking" From the sidelines. Please ADD to the activity ;We already have Judges and recap sheets we don''t need your juvenile opinions. If you notice I've been on here for awhile, don't post that much, until wanna be flamers won't stop.

Well..... I guess after all this pointless back and forth ... I should stop liking Cavies :music:

You're really not getting the point .. and that's ok. I was kinda hoping you were there so you could bag my performance, but I guess you weren't there. Which leaves me to wonder why you're even posting in this thread?

By the way, I fracked my solo, forgot where I was and stepped off on the RIGHT foot by accident once, and lastly, I couldn't be more appreciative for the wonderful crowd at MI CITY who showed great support and knowledgable applause during everyones show. Great stadium!!

I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!

Newsflash:

Michigan City will host the DCI Div 2/3 Championships in 2008. This was announced at the show. I'm not sure if this engagement has been extended for the same 10 yr period as Indy. I just hope that they go back to a format of Tuesday/Thursday/Friday so that the fan$ can properly support ALL OF THE CORPS in DCI while giving those performing members and fan$ the opportunity to see the Div 1 events. After all, it's almost a 3 hour drive between MI City and Indy.

It's a shame that with all of your "talent" you sit on the sidelines and whiz all over apparently everyones shows. If you are so good, why aren't you an instructor "helping" these Corps improve instead of "Monday morning Quarterbacking" From the sidelines. Please ADD to the activity ;We already have Judges and recap sheets we don''t need your juvenile opinions. If you notice I've been on here for awhile, don't post that much, until wanna be flamers won't stop.

If that's "liking" the Cavies, then keep it, don't need it. I was there perfoming with the Classic Cavaliers. I'm sure you'll have some drool about how we hosed our perfomance also. Don't tell me you support us then rip us. Seems like you're a bitter wanna be flaming to make yourself feel better. Take a pill and relax and JUST ENJOY THE SHOW :music:

Well..... I guess after all this pointless back and forth ... I should stop liking Cavies :music:

You're really not getting the point .. and that's ok. I was kinda hoping you were there so you could bag my performance, but I guess you weren't there. Which leaves me to wonder why you're even posting in this thread?

By the way, I fracked my solo, forgot where I was and stepped off on the RIGHT foot by accident once, and lastly, I couldn't be more appreciative for the wonderful crowd at MI CITY who showed great support and knowledgable applause during everyones show. Great stadium!!

I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!

Newsflash:

Michigan City will host the DCI Div 2/3 Championships in 2008. This was announced at the show. I'm not sure if this engagement has been extended for the same 10 yr period as Indy. I just hope that they go back to a format of Tuesday/Thursday/Friday so that the fan$ can properly support ALL OF THE CORPS in DCI while giving those performing members and fan$ the opportunity to see the Div 1 events. After all, it's almost a 3 hour drive between MI City and Indy.

supersop:

thanks VERY MUCH for being outspoken regarding what YOU THOUGHT about what YOU saw and heard.

If we can't have at least that freedom on here, what have we got left - plain vanilla accolades for every performance?

Edited by brassomaniac