MI CITY review?

I've seen Cavies several times already, not sure if I like the changes in Pressure to dropping 60 seconds of music and recreating the "Fight Club" audible stuff (using PRESSURE instead of 1 AND 3 AND blah blah blah ...) It cleaned things up a bit .. but it's a major HOSE JOB!

I don't understand why you say they dropped 60 seconds of music.....can you be more specific? I can't seem to find that 60 seconds on my old recordings...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" A good chunk of the brass book was ripped out in order to add this orated segment to the show. I'm sure the crowd will love it, it's pretty decent but I would rather hear them play. "

not true. unless you consider one or two bars a 'good chunk.' At least according to my recording....

I think your recording is out of date.

I don't understand why you say they dropped 60 seconds of music.....can you be more specific? I can't seem to find that 60 seconds on my old recordings...

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! :music:

That's harsh ......... brutal even :music:

Not feeling up to a review, but here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/machine74

I apologize for the uneven amount of photos from corps to corps. In some cases, I just didn't get many good shots. Even some of the ones I posted are compositionally suspect..... I have a new respect for what Jolesch does in trying to get decent photos of moving performers.

Excellent pictures! More Colts Contra line!!!!!!

OK I read that wrong.

It starts about 6:30 into the show. The second entrance of the brass was cut .. after the main Pressure them is played.

I only got to see the last 3 corps (as I was performing that night). Who was there for the whole show and has a review? Anyone?

<**> So that this thread gets back to the real reason it was posted, here is what I think. Yes, I was at the Michigan City show. But, before I give my review.....For all of you who like to rip at the hearts of those kids who work everyday for the entire summer plus pretour with your negativity and destructive comments about theirs or anyone elses show, please feel free to continue to watch for developing news about Paris Hilton or read the National Enquirer, because that it was you are good for. The rest of us mature folk will continue to support the activity for what it is.

My review of the show is this: Every last drum corps show for the night was excellent, including the Classic Cavaliers Not one negative comment about the show, b**bs because they work hard everyday in the hot sun for 13 hours on rehearsal days and 7 or 8 on performance days, sleep on the bus between cities and then maybe a couple of hours of floor time :music: before doing it all again the next day and then the next day throughout the summer, eat cook truck food, :sshh: leave their families, girlfriends, boyfriends, dogs, cats fish, their car, cell phones, TV, etc., etc., etc....... without any monetary compenstation. And, I just thank God that we still have Drum Corps!!!!! :music:

There should never be any negative comments on this website. You should all be standing up and applauding for these kids and their staff, volunteers and instructors. Simply, if you don't like the show, say, "I don't like the show". Don't pound it into the ground.

Excellent pictures! More Colts Contra line!!!!!!

I second that, thanx for the pix. Every time I see the Blue Stars uniform I keep thinking of Dr. Evil saying "Do you like your quasi futuristic uniforms?" Like the Colts new look though.

DW

<**> So that this thread gets back to the real reason it was posted, here is what I think. Yes, I was at the Michigan City show. But, before I give my review.....For all of you who like to rip at the hearts of those kids who work everyday for the entire summer plus pretour with your negativity and destructive comments about theirs or anyone elses show, please feel free to continue to watch for developing news about Paris Hilton or read the National Enquirer, because that it was you are good for. The rest of us mature folk will continue to support the activity for what it is.

My review of the show is this: Every last drum corps show for the night was excellent, including the Classic Cavaliers Not one negative comment about the show, b**bs because they work hard everyday in the hot sun for 13 hours on rehearsal days and 7 or 8 on performance days, sleep on the bus between cities and then maybe a couple of hours of floor time :music: before doing it all again the next day and then the next day throughout the summer, eat cook truck food, :sshh: leave their families, girlfriends, boyfriends, dogs, cats fish, their car, cell phones, TV, etc., etc., etc....... without any monetary compenstation. And, I just thank God that we still have Drum Corps!!!!! :music:

There should never be any negative comments on this website. You should all be standing up and applauding for these kids and their staff, volunteers and instructors. Simply, if you don't like the show, say, "I don't like the show". Don't pound it into the ground.

Couldn't have said it any better! These guys are like trying to be Siskel and Ebert wanna bees (sp) SHUT UP ALREADY! Going into detail that goes beyond absurd. Try not to think so much, you'll sound more intelligent when you do talk

A big part of why I read reviews is because I can't be at most of the shows and would like to live as much of the experience as possible vicariously. Describe all the parts you liked the very most of all! b**bs

To those who have already done so: thank you!!! :music:

Edited by sdstar