What annoys me most...

Honestly - Amplification. I know - you have all heard it a thousand times. If it was limited to pit instruments only - and then done really really well it would be ok. The problem is it has opened up possibilities that have become just annoying. "drum speak" , narration, singing..... Enough said. Wasn't too fond of the switch from "G" Bugles either but that was much more understandable.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of dutting...it's the basic syllable of all drumming. How do you think they come up with cha-ki-tah, chock, chock, grandma slamma, snowcone with a twist if there wasn't dutting in the first place.

it's simply the basic syllable for all battery marchers. It's like a newborn saying mama.

Lots of holes in several good drum corps this year. I could call a few friends if you are seriously wanting to march. Southwind had about 6 holes early on and were looking for young men and women who were positive and wanting to experience drum corps.

The problem is affordability, I'm rather limited with my travel options. There were several corps I considered filling holes with, but couldn't afford it in the short time required. If you happen to hear of an open Pit spot, let me know.

I would rather hear an entire corps do nothing but "dut" for eleven minutes than to be patronized by some amplified insipid drivel designed to help me "get" the show. Narration has done absolutely nothing for the activity, other than to give birth to some of the most heated threads in DCP history.

Pointing.

What annoys me is not being able to record a performance, or to even buy a recorded performance from DCI, and platinum doesn't work for me because I have to work on the one Saturday night that the one performance I want to see will be aired! So, if you can't be there in person, and how many people can do that and still afford to have your kid involved in DCI, you are just out of luck for seeing something that you want so badly to see! And to be able to watch more than once! And having purchased some DCI CD's, I truly don't understand why it takes months to put them together.......

I understand that the music "belongs" to whoever wrote it. I just wish there were some way to be able to make it available for personal use only. Okay, maybe "frustate" is more what I am talking about, and yes, I am a VERY proud Academy parent! And I am enjoying "our" first year in Div1 very much! :)

For me, it's whenever I read "Blue Coats," and I'm continually surprised how often and where it happens.

...Narration has done absolutely nothing for the activity, other than to give birth to some of the most heated threads in DCP history.

Well, that's an accomplishment in its own right.

...and the crotchety old coots who hare everything that wasnt on the field when the 65 Royalaires performed in McCormick Place

Get over yourself, your good old days are no better than the ones the kids are experiencing right now

If I could change anything it would be get these whiney little 15 - 17 year olds off DCP. You never marched a day or sat in one bus seat on a drum corps tour ... get a grip KIDS and quit your *ithcing. You don't know squat about drum corps or where we came from ... and you don't know where we're going either!

Man that feels good to get off my chest!

Wanta bee's - go be! Until then ... u'll just be a wanta be.