2007 DCI World Championships (tourism)

Just added the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball tour. It'll be in town during Finals week!

(I'm watching them play in Long Beach on cable right now, and they mentioned Manhattan Beach in a few weeks) :)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read what right?

RB, you mean Redondo Beach? And is it an hour from Pasadena?

Hmm...well, it could be. Depends on traffic really. It could take anywhere from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours!

From where I live, I take the 405 North > 105 East > 110 North straight into Pasadena. The 110 North is the problem - traffic starts to pile-up when you hit downtown L.A. and thereafter.

I think you may save some time taking I-5 North off the 110 to the 2 north, then to 135 west.

OK, it's been a while since I attended APU. I know, as the crow flies, Azusa is about 20-30 minutes. How is it nowdays on the 210?

OK, it's been a while since I attended APU. I know, as the crow flies, Azusa is about 20-30 minutes. How is it nowdays on the 210?

Uh, I don't know. That's "Valley" territory. You'll have to ask someone who lives up in the valley.

FYI - It rained here last night during sunset, and again during sunrise this morning, in North Redondo Beach. It's still only in the upper 70's though, but now it's a bit humid. :wink: (I know, California and humid just don't go together in the same sentence).

Is this an effect of Global Warming?? :wink: We're turning into Florida! b**bs

What do you know about Laguna Beach?

It was recommended by a friend.

What do you know about Laguna Beach?

It was recommended by a friend.

Well, I know it's almost 60 miles away from Pasadena!

It's way down in Orange County (you know, the "O.C."), and will take you hours to get from there to Pasadena. :(

Well, I know it's almost 60 miles away from Pasadena!

It's way down in Orange County (you know, the "O.C."), and will take you hours to get from there to Pasadena. :(

Yes, I just went to their website. I think it's a bit far for what we want. We aren't real beach people, can't take that much sun, just want to go for a quick swim and say I've swam in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. :)

The main attraction would be the artist that work along the beach etc. If we do go, it would be monday.

Edited by shawn craig

Are there public transportation options for getting to the Rose Bowl from downtown LA to avoid the 110? Looks like the Gold Line goes to Pasadena but the local buses thet go to and from the Rose Bowl shut down at 7 pm. They run specials for the Rose Bowl game, what about DCI? I can't find any info online. :wink: