Phantom Regiment Lagging Scores

As our instructors always said, "It's not the score, it's the spread."

How does their spread relate to last year?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As our instructors always said, "It's not the score, it's the spread."

Highest ranked corps on July 7th, 2006: The Cavaliers with 85.7

Highest ranked corps on July 7th, 2007: The Cadets with...............*GASP*........................85.7

What's holding PR back? The Phantom Regiment. The same thing that's holding every corps "back," Themselves.

Just like every corps, they will clean, get better, and scores will reflect that. There is no conspiracy.

Every thing's going to be OK....

Highest ranked corps on July 7th, 2006: The Cavaliers with 85.7

Highest ranked corps on July 7th, 2007: The Cadets with...............*GASP*........................85.7

That seals it.

Thread closed.

....at least, that's what should happen! :P

I think their show is amazing... and I think the effects of air and birds are really well done :) especially the echo thing their pit does it's awesome :)

2007 Allentown weekend, same judges, different nights

Blue Devils 86.475

Cadets 85.7 -0.775

Cavaliers 85.325 -1.15

Bluecoats 84.75 -1.725

Phantom Regiment 83.95 -2.525

Santa Clara Vanguard 83.425 -3.05

Carolina Crown 83.125 -3.35

2006 same weekend, different shows

Blue Devils 85.6

Cavaliers 85 -0.6

Phantom Regiment 83.45 -2.15

Cadets 83.375 -2.225

Bluecoats 82.35 -3.25

Santa Clara Vanguard 80.85 -4.75

Carolina Crown 79.525 -6.075

2005 same weekend, different shows, BD in Europe, Regiment and SCV out west at separate shows

Cavaliers 86.175

Phantom Regiment 84.85 -1.325

Cadets 84.15 -2.025

Bluecoats 80.875 -5.3

Santa Clara Vanguard 79.65 -6.525

Carolina Crown 78.075 -8.1

If recent history is any guide, Regiment will close the gap on the Cavaliers and pass the Blue Devils. Or they won't. Either way, it's a cool show.

What's the problem this year? Is it GE? Do they have a chance of still pulling out a victory this year or are they too far behind this point in the season? Have they been pegged as one of the top three, four, or five in the collective conscience of the judging universe? The duet sounds awesome for what it's worth.

What do you think?

Phantom Regiment July 7, 2006: 83.45

Phantom Regiment July 7, 2007: 83.95

Quit worrying

Yeah, but they were scoring low all last year, IMO. The activity had an incredible year at all levels, and quite frankly, I thought all the scores should have been a bit higher. But what do you do, jump the top 3 another point at finals? Then they're +4 over the field. So does everyone else come up some on finals night? Looks kind of weird.

The last, what--3 weeks of tour, PR maintained about a 1 point gap to the top 2 who were neck and neck. Before that they made up 4/3/2 point gaps to BD, Cavies and Cadets. Passed Cadets at Show of Shows and BD at finals. Not going to discuss the controversy around who should have won--I called it after San Antonio correctly.

Point: I know PR has a philosophy of putting the show on the field with a date in mind, yadda, yadda. But the idea of that is with an end in mind. And somebody doesn't do/know how to do it right. If you're just doing it to do the old (no offense) Scouts thing of "play to the crowd," then why have such a rigorous schedule of when to put what on the field? The point is to win, but the results have been somewhat lacking if you ask me.

Remember, this is my group, too, so it's not like I'm bashing the Cadets from outside the org or something. But sometimes you are harder on those you care more about. Do the PR guys do a good job? Sure. As long as the Farrell's don't walk away and bring in some other goobers to run the show, the corps does great. Just put the show on the field. Geez, what happens if that happens by, say, July 4??? Get to clean it up real nice for finals?

But honestly, I don't know anything about putting it on the field by 7/4 vs. 8/10--that's why they don't pay me to run the corps.