Utterly Disgusted!

If you were in my position, no matter how many championships your corps has won or not, I am pretty sure you'd feel the same way if you thought your corps' program was being treated the way this year's Cadets' program is.

see, I would never be in your position because I would would never join the current version of Cadets

and if I did, I’d accept the reasonability and all that goes with joining a controversial corps – this ‘you gotta love me because I’m a Cadet’ is puke inducing and horribly immature / unreasonable

If you can’t handle the criticism that Cadets have been earning lately then why would you march with them?

It makes no sense

I figure if you march Cadets, you buy into the entire program and are little Hoppie jrs, you all love the stuff they throw on the field and that's why you joined

Otherwise, maybe Cadets should get a grief consular to tour with them or Cadets could actually teach you something about character, convictions and you know, teaching the little snowflakes to suck it up because not everyone is going to love the little dears throughout their entire lives - with what that emo dude at the end of the show bemoans, I figure you'd all be used to not-fitting in, and I thought it was just us normal, non-geek folks that could not connect mr emo, I thought it was supposed to be some sort of profound, scared screed for the poor-wittle-awkward-Cadet-bandos. oh the tragedy when the geeks that found solace and comfort in the arms of other band geeks and then are rejected by the larger body of band geeks

Maybe the show needs a new script – a Norma Desmond / dorkatron/ uncool even for a bando lament

edit:fix quote box

Edited by cowtown

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. For what ever reason...in the DCA circuit, the Renegades are the corps to hate. What ever.... who ####### cares. Not me.

This cadet dude telling people to go enjoy a turd sandwich and then crying about people not liking Cadets' show and then calling someone bitter is laughable in its irony.

Why is it that you are "defending something y ou like" but Dan is "bitter"? Why isn't Dan just defending something he doesn't like?

Why is it not okay to not like Cadets' show?

Maybe I'm glad I never marched Jrs. Sounds like a bunch of whiny cry babies to me.

I mean it's okay not to like the Cadets show but you shouldn't scream rude things while they are performing or make a lot of noise as you leave outraged during their performance... Everyone going to any drum corps show (by now knows the controversey surronding the Cadets show but yet they wait until it has started to be rude and leave. When they could have left before it had begun. The Point of this topic wasn't denying free speach or saying like the Cadets or else it was just to say that the way people are going about showing their dislike of the show ruins the experience of many others.... and in fact the shirts are not the worst part they are the most harmless but the way people are acting is just really appaling... it just shows a lack of respect to other people at the show. People were screaming amps belong at concerts while the cadets were going onto the field... yet every pit has had amps for the instruments and I like it cause it allows for musicallity! So if you don't like it you can shut up and leave plain and simple!

Exactly. For what ever reason...in the DCA circuit, the Renegades are the corps to hate. What ever.... who ####### cares. Not me.

This cadet dude telling people to go enjoy a turd sandwich and then crying about people not liking Cadets' show and then calling someone bitter is laughable in its irony.

Huh? Where did that come from?

Oh nevermind, it's just the whiny cry baby coming out in me from all this junior corps I've done.

COOL!!! I think I'll add that title to my signature. Enjoy your turd sandwich.

my advice to you - walk away from your computer, go get so fresh air and don’t read this thread again

Seriously, you can’t handle it

And here I thought Cadets built up peoples’ character and discipline, looks like they only build up their egos

Edited by cowtown

COOL!!! I think I'll add that title to my signature. Enjoy your turd sandwich.

Just a friendly observation but at this point I don't think you are helping the Cadets image anymore.....