Utterly Disgusted!

For what schools do you write drill?

Geez...i only have 2 schools to write for, and they both kinda suck. Oh well, its only my 2nd year, and thats twice as many schools as I had last year :)

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must the Cadets go backwards in order to make you (the Royal you...not the Jim-you) happy?

This is the crux, Mike. He (and others) don't believe that it's backwards. Many people here don't believe that narration is "progress" or "forward". I certainly don't see any responsibility directly to that guy, of course, but your wording on it is the key. You can make changes to make the product better. All that Bb argument stuff -- the point was for better instruments on the field. That's progress. Adding what has amounted to a lot of poor-quality narration in the past 4 seasons has been an addition, but many fans do not find voice to be "progressive", "forward", or for that matter, "better".

Thus in general, the suggestion isn't for The Cadets to "go backwards". Rather, most people see this as the DCI need for a 21st Amendment. It was tried, it was worth the try, but it didn't work out.

The irony of the 21st Amendment was that it was Utah who was the deciding ratifying state...

Edited by drumcat

Geez...i only have 2 schools to write for, and they both kinda suck. Oh well, its only my 2nd year, and thats twice as many schools as I had last year :)

I wish I could write drill. Then again, if I did that I think everyone would have broken legs by the stuff I have in my head.

For what schools do you write drill?

1 in Nebraska.

1 in Pennsylvania.

1 in Wisconsin.

1 in Georgia.

1 in Texas (a college group).

4 in Florida.

I'd rather not name them online. I seem to specialize in writing drill for smaller schools and larger schools that are non-BOA schools. Although two of my bands won their respective state championship last year. Since I am a former high school band/orchestra director, I am more about staging and making the bands sound good. Of course, all bets are off during drum solos...heh heh. Lord, I have them flying around.

Edited by The Tsar

1 in Nebraska.

1 in Pennsylvania.

1 in Wisconsin.

1 in Georgia.

1 in Texas (a college group).

4 in Florida.

I'd rather not name them online. I seem to specialize in writing drill for smaller schools and larger schools that are non-BOA schools. Although two of my bands won their respective state championship last year. Since I am a former high school band/orchestra director, I am more about staging and making the bands sound good. Of course, all bets are off during drum solos...heh heh. Lord, I have them flying around.

Geez, you must have a VERY busy schedule. That's a lot of commuting... :)

Geez, you must have a VERY busy schedule. That's a lot of commuting... :)

No, I don't go see them. I like to think that my drill is very straightforward and easy to clean. I always include a couple of pages explaining each move that needs explaining, and I also am able to use the Pyware animation to explain the way a move should work.

I suppose that is the big difference between the programs I write for and the big BOA-style programs. The schools I write for are unlikely to change drill several times throughout the season, and are more focused on regional competitions and the like. I can honestly say that I don't believe I have "the tools" to write BOA or DCI Finalist level drill. The drill I write is great for the schools I write for...and they like it. But I'm no Mike Gaines or Pete Webber.

Or maybe I am and just have never discovered it. :P

To anyone I may have offended with my comments to other posters, I apologize. I let this thread get to me and kind of opened myself up to attacks. I am not a jerk and did not mean to come off as one.

Good luck to ALL the corps this year.

And I'll be at finals to see them!!!!

And I'll be at finals to see them!!!!

QUIT RUBBIN IT IN!

i swear, im'a kick you inna teefs!! :diva:

Stef

QUIT RUBBIN IT IN!

i swear, im'a kick you inna teefs!! :diva:

Stef

Hey....tekk just PMed me and asked me to remind you that im going to finals ..... not sure why

jk ^0^

Hey....tekk just PMed me and asked me to remind you that im going to finals ..... not sure why

jk ^0^

all you all suck. Just remember that.

And you're sore.. finals attenders.. yeah.

You suck.

I hate you.

*pouts*

Edited by ScribeToo