Charleston WV

Sign of a young group. From what I have heard they have a good program on the field and that can carry you in the first couple weeks of the season. Just how green the corps is, is starting to show. They are learning to rehearse and just how much attention to detail it will take to improve at this point. Not an easy task but with a solid package and staff in place I would expect them to finish the season on a very positive note.

Ahh, I see. Hopefully, next year, they'll have plenty of vets come back and they'll come right out of the gate fighting.

2! 2 SPORTS CLICHES! AH-HA-HA!

Edited by dccorpsfan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I've officially invented a new fad

Before the 2nd Boston groove at about 8:44 into the show during the 2 or 3 beats of silence yell "BOSTON BEAT"

I'm guessing so, that's pretty much the only thing to be shocked about. Percussion was fairly close, BD and The Cavaliers tied in Music, BD essentially won the show on GE. The only thing that stuck out to me was not only that Blue Devils finished third in brass (not unlikely since they are going up against The Cavaliers and Phantom) but just that the margin from BD to 1st was 0.6. The initial glance makes it seem large, especially based on how they've been scoring, but who knows? Maybe it was an off-night, maybe Phantom and The Cavaliers are just that good.

I was surprised mostly at the GE captions. I'd be interested to hear the comments, and how that caption went down. With a spread in GE of .80, that's what decided the contest right there.

Update from Charleston...

Show was delayed about 45 minutes. "It frickin' poured" is what my colleague said. Apparently it rained hard for about 2.5 hours or so leading up to the show. BUT, despite that, walk-up ticket sales were very good.

Boston is on the field right now.

G

I heard many rain ponchos were sold at the souvie booths!

BAC's souvie booth was selling ponchos for $2.

for the record, Charleston still sucks. keep the show in Huntington at Marshall.

Edited by DCIDanny