Music: Songs that could go to the field

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...this topic has been started and restarted about 100 buillion times but there is an awful lot of music out there and I alone have recently come across some new stuff that is PERFECT!

If at all possible, try and name the corps you feel the music would be best for.

Phantom Regiment: Prokofiev's "Piano Concerto No 1, mvmt 1 & 3"

If you've never heard it, I highly recommend it. Crazy piano stuff here. This is SO has Phantom's name on it.

Some days I think this would be a good piece for Phantom, some days I listen to it and say, "Well, maybe, but it sure would cost a lot to keep the pit on crystal meth for every show . . ."

Copied from from a previous post in another thread with a similar topic(based on "show titles"...:

Blue Devils/Bluecoats/Madison Scouts:

*The Untouchables

*Cowboy Bebop("Memory"(pre-show intro), "Tank!", "Car 24", "Dijurido", either "Blue" or "Bad Dog No Biscuits", Green Bird(post-show)

*Music from "Trigun" (H.T. would make a ridiculous opener)

*Time Warp: Music of The Rocky Horror Picture Show

for Madison: The Pirates of Lake Mendota and the Hunt for the White Whale(Of Sailors and Whales by McBeth)

Cadets/SCV/Glassmen/Crown/BK:

* To Walk With Wings(by Giroux, & Tribute by Mark Camphouse)

* Terpsichore(by Bob Margolis)

* Tribute(by Mark Camphouse, Whatsoever Things by Camphouse, Trumpets Eternally Sounding by Rocky Reuter)

Crossmen:

*Symphonies of Gaia by Jayce Ogren(AKA Songs for Planet Earth IV)

Pioneer:

* Celtic Aire arr. Fred Sturm

* Music from Lord of The Dance

* Music for a Found Harmonium: (by Penguin Cafe Orch., Celtic Aire arr. Fred Sturm, Breakout from Lord of the Dance, Baba O'Riley by the Who.)

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Orchestral Works I would like to see Regiment/SCV/Crown/BK/Glassmen tackle:
(my comments in blue)

Requiem (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) - That would be a "Be afraid. Be very Afraid" kind of show. Hey, next year, they could use the extra members for a chorus . . . ^0^

Romeo and Juliet (Sergei Prokofiev)

Symphony No. 6 (Sergei Prokofiev)

Lieutenant Kije Suite (Sergei Prokofiev)

Love for Three Oranges (Sergei Prokofiev) A LOT of good stuuf out there by Prokofiev.

Requiem (Guiseppe Verdi) - SCV did a bit of it as an opener in 79, but they just scratched the surface.

Cast your Fate to the Wind (Vince Guaraldi Trio) - Oh, yeah, this could be a showstopping low volume piece.

Les Miserables (yes, again...would love to see the Cadets tackle it once more) - I liked that show, but always thought that it was never quite realized. I half-expected them to take another stab at it the following year.

Has anyone ever done a Pink Floyd show?

(my comments in blue)

Requiem (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) - That would be a "Be afraid. Be very Afraid" kind of show. Hey, next year, they could use the extra members for a chorus . . . ^0^

If this work ever touched a football field i would stop watching drum corps. To me this is just one of those pieces that needs to be left to concert ensembles inside. IMO

Vox Populi by Richard Danielpour ... its an AWESOME piece. I think it could potentially work at least as an opener, maybe splice a few things and use it for the full show.

Tocatta from Bolleman's SuiteGothique, SCV

Missa Gaia (Earth Mass) current Cadets Style, ( i dont care for it but they could sell missa Gaia)

Phantom: Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring"

I know they played it in '00 as their closer but I WANT MORE! HA! There is so much of this piece still untouched by drum corps.

Year/Corps/Title/Composer

1976 Argonauts Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

1977 The Cadets Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

1978 Phantom Regiment Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

1997 The Cavaliers Introduction to Rite of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

2000 Phantom Regiment Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

2004 Fever Rite Of Spring Stravinsky, Igor

I love CorpsReps.com!

Garry in Vegas