Musicality -- Best Corps

Is this regarding this year or in general? In my personal opinion over all SCV is my personal favorite when it comes from achieving musicality from brass to the drum line all the way to front percussion ensemble. Listening to Scheherazade how can u argue that!

by listening to crown 05 lol a mighty fortress is incredible :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV and Phantom. It doesn't just mean in the lower levels, either. The corps that can play well down there can usually play better up when the volumes are louder, because they have typically been taught the importance of tone quality. If your sound is controlled in softer areas of the music, great, however if its controlled when its supposed to be intense, then boo to you. These two corps demonstrate the musicality and contrast between loud and soft the best.

Honorable mention goes to Crown.

Before 2005 I would have said Cavies, from 2005 to now most definitely Crown. Phantom is super loud, but Crown's control and blend is just amazing.

SCV and Phantom. It doesn't just mean in the lower levels, either. The corps that can play well down there can usually play better up when the volumes are louder, because they have typically been taught the importance of tone quality. If your sound is controlled in softer areas of the music, great, however if its controlled when its supposed to be intense, then boo to you. These two corps demonstrate the musicality and contrast between loud and soft the best.

Honorable mention goes to Crown.

I second this completely!! :laugh:

Before 2005 I would have said Cavies, from 2005 to now most definitely Crown. Phantom is super loud, but Crown's control and blend is just amazing.

That's one of the perks of having Donnie Van Doren on your brass staff. B)

My picks are:

Crown

Phantom

Blue Stars

Glassmen (some pretty tasteful moments in their show this year)

That's one of the perks of having Donnie Van Doren on your brass staff. B)

My picks are:

Crown

Phantom

Blue Stars

Glassmen (some pretty tasteful moments in their show this year)

I was about to mention Blue Stars as well. I got to see them for the first time this season in Salem, and their sound really surprised me. I thoroughly enjoyed their show this year- they are going to do some great things.

My vote would go to Crown as well, though. That corps sounds simply amazing...

Well -- not ONLY because I'm biased, but because I've heard/seen them since 93 to present up close & personal & in sectionals........

Phantom Regiment-- hands DOWN, top to bottom !!!!

2nd -- Crown

3rd -- Coats