Very Nice Tribute to 27th Lancers

Great! I can see a new thread:

Coat chasers. Are they real?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I listened to the Dennis interview as well...

and if it was the only thing I had heard from the Bridgemen I'd say "close the doors and lets all go home!!!!" :P

but really, come on, its a field interview and you just hear individuals playing as they go by. I think if you stepped back a little and heard our 69 horns playing as a group, it will sound a tad better than that recording.

and if someone wants to say that people are or aren't real this, or real that, I say "who cares". We have a lot of fun doing this thing and that's really what its all about. The Bridgemen have always been about family and having fun. We're not about excluding people...... do we have our share of family problems? sure we do and we don't always get along with each other... but we are still one family. If someone wants to tell me Marwan or those like him are not Bridgemen? I say then they're never gonna get it. Yes I am a alumnus of the junior corps days having marched 4 years with the big corps... and I feel a certain type of kinship with those that marched with me and before me back in the day...its natural to do that.... but just like the Bayonne Bridgemen were different than the St Andrew's Bridgemen we are still one family united under our name. We are THE Bridgemen!! past, present, and future!!!

oh and to get back on topic?? I'm glad our organization was able to do something to show our respect and admiration for a great corps. George B and the 27 alums deserve to be recocognized!!!If you choose to look at it differently than that... well than so be it.

thanks John. you just summed up the philosophy that has been taught since the moment i walked in the door over 2 1/2 years ago. i walked into a room where i knew only 2 people and was absolutely terrified. i didn't think i'd ever fit in or be a "real Bridgemen". i walked away from that 1st parade feeling like i was part of a family. :)

random and anonymous internet posters can try as they might, but they can't take that away from any of us. if you all have taught me anything, it's not just the words, but it is the sweat, the bruises, the tears and the smiles that bond us all together.

and i'm really fond of that picture in your signature. :blink:

thanks John. you just summed up the philosophy that has been taught since the moment i walked in the door over 2 1/2 years ago. i walked into a room where i knew only 2 people and was absolutely terrified. i didn't think i'd ever fit in or be a "real Bridgemen". i walked away from that 1st parade feeling like i was part of a family. :)

random and anonymous internet posters can try as they might, but they can't take that away from any of us. if you all have taught me anything, it's not just the words, but it is the sweat, the bruises, the tears and the smiles that bond us all together.

and i'm really fond of that picture in your signature. :blink:

It is a great photo.

Well, once you graduate....

You can't just HAVE the nifty coat! Ya gotta earn it! :)

Well, once I graduate, you bet I'm on the first train to Bayonne! :D

But...only if I get to MARCH xylophone. I'm tired of this front ensemble garbage. :worthy:

you want to carry it???

I just wish some one would carry me!!

Maybe I do wanna carry it. Actually, knowing me, I'll probably get all sick and tired of it and start moaning; but why not try it out? It'll give the folks back home a laugh (especially my band teacher) :worthy:

BUT...if I do carry you, will I get a spot in the corps?

Edited by dccorpsfan

Maybe I do wanna carry it. Actually, knowing me, I'll probably get all sick and tired of it and start moaning; but why not try it out? It'll give the folks back home a laugh (especially my band teacher) :worthy:

BUT...if I do carry you, will I get a spot in the corps?

I dont think you can do it dccorpsfan.......I mean carry johnric that is....prolly a marimba would be easier.....lolololol sorry johnny boy, I luv ya ; )