DCI Pasadena 2007 corps practice locations

Hey!

Consider the driving time of Phantom, we should look at all housing within the same sistance time driving.

BTW, Perris HS is out...they have a new schedule and will restart school on the 8th.

Nancy

They have to take the 57 to the 210 as Ryan suggested. I hope someone tells them this. It shouldn't be that horrible if they do.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a PM from another board I frequent, the following...

"...but, You can call Steve Tobias, AD at Ventura College. The field will not be exclusively available, but it is currently only scheduled for the nights."

I'm at the fire dept already pushing the limits of time spent doing this drum corps stuff on THEIR time. So...someone run with this. And let me add...someone put a link up that showed I think a Google Map or Google Earth thing with pins showing who was staying where. NOT ONE PIN WAS IN THE VENTURA/UPPER WEST LOS ANGELES COUNTY AREA!!! I know there's Ventura College, Moorpark (GREAT stadium), SIMI VALLEY HS (stadium), ROYAL HS (stadium), etc, etc. SOMEONE PLEASE JUMP ON THIS.

I cannot from work right now.

What's the phone number for Steve Tobias?

If it has not yet been posted, Phantom has closed its rehearsals for finals week with the exception of Wednesday, when it will hold an open dress rehearsal for family and friends.

If it has not yet been posted, Phantom has closed its rehearsals for finals week with the exception of Wednesday, when it will hold an open dress rehearsal for family and friends.

Thanks for the info.

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a PM from another board I frequent, the following...

"...but, You can call Steve Tobias, AD at Ventura College. The field will not be exclusively available, but it is currently only scheduled for the nights."

I'm at the fire dept already pushing the limits of time spent doing this drum corps stuff on THEIR time. So...someone run with this. And let me add...someone put a link up that showed I think a Google Map or Google Earth thing with pins showing who was staying where. NOT ONE PIN WAS IN THE VENTURA/UPPER WEST LOS ANGELES COUNTY AREA!!! I know there's Ventura College, Moorpark (GREAT stadium), SIMI VALLEY HS (stadium), ROYAL HS (stadium), etc, etc. SOMEONE PLEASE JUMP ON THIS.

I cannot from work right now.

The Simi Valley and Moorpark districts will not allow overnight stays. That takes out Simi, Royal and Moorpark. I understand the Conejo district will allow housing. Phantom is at Newbury Park early in the week. Thousand Oaks' fields are being renovated and their showers have no hot water. I asked and was told no. I have no info on Westlake. I know that The Cavaliers were interested in Moorpark College but that didn't happen. I don't know why.

There are also 2 high schools in the Las Virgenes district - Agoura and Calabasas. I have no info on either one.

Edited by jpaul

I have no info on Westlake.

Their band director is on the BD staff. I wondered why they weren't using his school to begin with. Maybe their district won't allow it either. The school were he was before Westlake has been used in the past for housing........ SCV, BD and Cascades, that I know of. It was also the 'home' of Yamato recently. There is a new principle there now, and changes in the district may be why that school isn't being used also.

Academy will be staying at Centennial High School in Corona.

Thank goodness!

So glad they got housing. :)

Now that's four corps left in Division 1 with no housing assigned yet (as far as we know).

Don't know entirely how well the Division II and III are doing. I hope more corps have found a "home away from home".

Freeway close too. Right next to the 15 and 91 junction.

Nancy

Edited by neholgate

Bummer! DH and I were so excited when we found out they'd be soooo close. Just about a mile away!

Honestly, I think they need to skip the 5 all together. It jams up solid from the 241 toll road until the 55/57. I was actually thinking of donating some toll money so they can take the toll road up to the 91. Whenever I have to get up to North OC or Whittier, that's what I do! I've been thinking of going down to the school and making a point to mention it to someone. The band director just moved in across the street from us, maybe I'll take the time to remind him about the yucky traffic.

Hey, there's one positive about being in Mission Viejo. It'll be much cooler down here. Warm? Yes, but not as hot as Riverside!