Cavalier Show Design

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trauman- i'm not terribly sure, but i think he means it's taking a slice of something that should be taken as a whole. Like you wouldn't take only the vanilla layer of neopolitan ice cream, look at it, and reject it because it lacked chocolate and strawberry.

IRMO- during field entry/warmup thing and exit?

Edited by comeonfhqwhgads

Excuse me...

DO NOT mis-skew the numbers of weight at my expense, as it was nowhere near as dramatic as you made it out to be.

If you would like to know, my brother auditioned for The Cavaliers for 2005 and 2006, and sadly was cut both years. He wasn't going to march his ageout year because he only wanted to march with The Cavaliers. That was until he found out Cadets had an open lead-trumpet spot in late April, and he sent in an audition tape to see if he could fill the hole. Myself, however, made the corps on my first attempt at the December camp. Also if you are going to question my athleticism, we went running after the summer and I LAPPED him on the track. Him weighing less never helped him in the end.

How do you know I was talking about you. There's probably a bunch of twin brothers marching in the cadets and cavaliers. :P

But seriously, Im not going to try and argue with you about your brother for obvious reasons, but i think its equally narrow-minded that you would measure athletecism based solely on who runs laps better around a track. We never did get the stretch and run time we needed, in fact we hardly ever ran - not a problem with the cadets this year however. And the parts about how you made it at first is irrelevent, I have no idea which of you is inherintly better than the other, I only know what I experienced over the summer. Sorry if it offended you, i kinda figured it would be a good anonymous example.

oh...and i see the next post - travis never jumped off no stinkin table :P

Looked it up in the dictionary, and still don't get your meaning.

You would have had to have been a frequent reader of RAMD back in the day, wherein Stuart Rice would do some crazy analysis on the drill of many drum corps shows.

Edited by Jayzer

:[ it was really cool.. effect was fantastic. Maybe the acoustics there weren't as good / muffled the singing part of it... or maybe they took it out, who knows. did they start at the left end in a triangle and then form a line that slowly moved right while dropping off ranks of members?

did they start at the left end in a triangle and then form a line that slowly moved right while dropping off ranks of members?

Yup, that's what they did. Very cool- btw. :)

Assuming the information is accurate, then the OP of this thread is fact,

This is what I worry about, people taking this as fact. I do research for a living, and perform the kind of "coding" the OP did in conducting his/her analysis all the time. What may seem completely objective is often very subjective, so I'd find all of this much more believable if 1 or 2 other people gave this kind of analysis a try for the same corps. Nothing against the OP, it's just how this kind of stuff goes.

Also, a question about the system. Bold means they were playing while moving at at least some pace.

Italic is playing while moving very slowly. What is plain text? Not moving? Does your analysis indicate that the horn line isn't moving for nearly every drum break?

eric

Edited by ecamburn