Question for Music Education Majors

:sshh:

oh shush jon, you're never even there anymore. people might not always agree with him, but he knows what he's doing.

Band of the Hour = Respected musical ensemble?????

That's just funny to read (and I can say this being a former DM there in 1989 and 1990) :P

BTW, I see you are in TBS at Miami? So was my wife.

Go 'Canes!

i know, i know. my freshman year there i came off tour and was like wtf is this. but he's turned it around, and we have deans and faculty and administration members going out of their way to tell us how much we've improved. he's shifted the focus from just entertaining drunk fans to entertaining drunk fans while providing a musical education to members... novel concept, right? lol.

were you guys at alumni band last year? it's possible i met you both :P (and we'll take it to PM now, sorry for derailing the thread, lol. but, UMiami's music ed program is top notch. end plug. )

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: Wow...ya'll are the GREATEST!! I am printing all of your ideas off for him and it looks like we'll be doing some traveling. Like one of you said, even if he loves Miami in Ohio, he needs at least 3 options or so. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. You know....if Mom says it then.... :laugh: but if it comes from you guys then he's all :laugh: Thanks again and keep giving me input and I'll keep printing :P

I am going to be a music ed major this fall at UT (Tennesse not Texas). I'm only going to be a freshman but from what ive seen/heard of the program, it is a great school. The campus is kinda large, but still it is a great school and a great band im pretty sure the site is www.utk.edu/utbands or just go to utk.edu and search the music program