Virginia Show

amazing,................ my thoughts exactly,....................btw, how does a potential show sponsor find out about hosting a discounted show?,..................this is the first I've ever heard of this,..................

ditto...

I guess "ya do what ya got ta do" to encourage new corps and shows - and the members corps apparently went along with this, and approve of it happening.

but... the corps all go to such effort and expence to do 5-8(?) shows a year. .. and then, to NOT be judged according to the full set of criteria they've prepared for?

don't care for it, myself (no that THAT means anything)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of an "abbreviated panel," why doesn't DCA pickup the tab for the remaining judges for first time contests?

Instead of an "abbreviated panel," why doesn't DCA pickup the tab for the remaining judges for first time contests?

Now that sounds like a real good idea. Assuming costs are a deterrent to show sponsors, and if DCA has an interest in increasing the number of shows, perhaps the governing body can create some ways to reduce those costs. Because quite frankly, I don't think the scores have much merit without a full panel, and to the struggling corps', could quite possibly cause more harm than good.

Now that sounds like a real good idea. Assuming costs are a deterrent to show sponsors, and if DCA has an interest in increasing the number of shows, perhaps the governing body can create some ways to reduce those costs. Because quite frankly, I don't think the scores have much merit without a full panel, and to the struggling corps', could quite possibly cause more harm than good.

ditto!!

Since all of the corps are aware of the "abreviated panel" situation when they schedule the show there should be no objections. The only exception could be those "stat mongers" who make up the standings lists. Similar situation exists in California where they really don't have a good handle on their "standings" due to some dissimilar scoring systems.

Music City Legend (3rd) Is performing a very intriguing program called "Night Life: Hits of the Mob"

This is still a fun show and their ending is "different" (you gotta experience it).

Someone who has seen it (regrettably, wasn't able to make it to the show), is this what I think it is? Via PM, of course... no spoilers!

Regardless of how some feel about this, it was still a competition with placements and scores. A corps should not feel that this show doesn't matter and I would think that the judges treat this show like any other. The performers put everything they have on the field, and the winner should be congratulated, as all of the corps should be.

Congratulations Crusaders and all that competed.

The problem is consistency! If Cru scores 6 points lower at the next show, who's fault would it be? Not the corps, right? Again, my suggestion is DCA take the bite and ensure that there is a full panel at any new show. Cru traveled a far distance as did other corps and they all deserve a fair shake.

The problem is consistency! If Cru scores 6 points lower at the next show, who's fault would it be? Not the corps, right? Again, my suggestion is DCA take the bite and ensure that there is a full panel at any new show. Cru traveled a far distance as did other corps and they all deserve a fair shake.

I totally agree with this. Hopefully none of the corps from the VA show drop in points at all, but if they do it's certainly not the corps fault. Having a half-###ed judging panel is just totally unacceptable in my opinion.

I totally agree with this. Hopefully none of the corps from the VA show drop in points at all, but if they do it's certainly not the corps fault. Having a half-###ed judging panel is just totally unacceptable in my opinion.

I wouldn't use the term "half-###ed." More like half a panel.