Virginia Show

The problem is consistency! If Cru scores 6 points lower at the next show, who's fault would it be? Not the corps, right? Again, my suggestion is DCA take the bite and ensure that there is a full panel at any new show. Cru traveled a far distance as did other corps and they all deserve a fair shake.

That's kinda my take on the whole thing. While it was a great show, you can hardly put much stock into the numbers. And while scores aren't the most important part of the activity, they do determine who's performing and who's watching on Sunday night. So it is nice to know how you stack up against your competitors.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did it save the show sponsor in terms of dollars by not having the full panel of judges at the VA show ???

More importantly, how much will it cost the show sponsor when no drum corps opt to perform at the show in coming years because the scores are totally worthless ???

Not the way I would envision creating more shows or show sponsors. Either you have the means to fund a drum corps show or you don't. If a sponsor is unable to generate enough financial support via ticket paying patrons then what is the guarantee that the following year(s) will produce a different result.

Edited by Browniebrick

I would like to say, that even though the show did not have a full panel of judges, it was a great show. Placements and scores might a but askew because of the lack of certain captions not being judged, but hey what are you going to do. Congratulations to FusionCore for doing a performance well done, and taking 2nd place in their second show ever. I am sure that because of the judging panel situation, this might be the fluke for a corps competing in their first year. I don't to take anything away from them, let them enjoy this victory and milestone in their infancy. I hope the scores do not go down, and maybe all four corps that competed in Woodbridge, congratulations for putting on a great show for a small crowd. I was able to watch the Crusader show after my performance, great show, and i got to catch pieces of MCL's show during practice. Very talented Contra line.

See everyone later in August. Later.

I have to say, after about an 8hr ride home from VA....I'm pretty darn sore!!!! :P

even though I was on the field, I did catch MCL's show. I relle like the sound you guys have & the drumline is pretty sweet I must say! Best wishes for them in the future shows!! ^_^

when they announced scores it went by so quickly, pretty much everyone left & the corps were still playing off the field!! haha then when mostly everyone in the crowd left, they announced that we(Cru) were doing a "victory standstill", they all came back!! Even though the crowd was small...it was pretty amazing performing for them!! I wish we could stay in VA longer cause it's been raining like everyday in upstate NY & the weather in VA was majorly sunny and steaming HOT!!!

I have to say, after about an 8hr ride home from VA....I'm pretty darn sore!!!! :P

even though I was on the field, I did catch MCL's show. I relle like the sound you guys have & the drumline is pretty sweet I must say! Best wishes for them in the future shows!! ^_^

when they announced scores it went by so quickly, pretty much everyone left & the corps were still playing off the field!! haha then when mostly everyone in the crowd left, they announced that we(Cru) were doing a "victory standstill", they all came back!! Even though the crowd was small...it was pretty amazing performing for them!! I wish we could stay in VA longer cause it's been raining like everyday in upstate NY & the weather in VA was majorly sunny and steaming HOT!!!

thanks for the compliments (and to SunContra1 as well). still adding a LOT every rehearsal.

yeah, the scores were read REALLY quickly. i was still commenting about the drum majors not being called 'front and center' and all of a sudden i heard "music city legend" and had to come to attention and salute. it seemed like a few seconds later the cru dm's were heading over for hand shakes. it all went by way too fast. barely got to say 'hi' to any of the other drum majors. sorry about that gang.

HOT?!?!?! that weather was beautiful! it was downright pleasant compared to TN temps...and this is coming from a native western new yorker! b**bs

see you all soon...have safe travels and fun performances until then...

:mmm:

HOT?!?!?! that weather was beautiful! it was downright pleasant compared to TN temps..

Let me second that .

God the weather was great.I did'nt feel hot for one second.It was fantastic.There was shade nearby all day long.I loved every second of it.

I remember standing there shaded by the school waiting for horn arch before the show.I was talking with a MCL alumni and a new person.We were commenting on how great we had it at this show compared to last year.We were discussing how we had to dodge lightning bolts the year before and then go sit in a hot tin oven for a hour and bake,,, then having to go out and finish the show that we had just started.Last year it was miserable.This year it was great.

It was so great having a nice clean shower to go clean up at both before the show and afterwards.Thanks SS for making that possible.

Great job SS on having the concession stand open for business all day long.What a great thing to have a nice hot meal before the show compared to what we had to endure last year.Having Salad with my meal was just the ticket for this diet conciseness person. :P

I could care less about the scores or the judging panel.If SS saved a few bucks by not having the field judges there,,then good for them.WE got some great advice from the judging panel to digest over the next few weeks and I am sure we will come out of the gates swinging in 2 weeks.

Again thanks to SS for all the great work that went behind this show.It was clear to me that you guys learned alot from last years show and worked hard behind the scenes to make this years show go off without any hitches.

Here is to a hitch free weekend. :rolleyes: ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Congrats CRU. 79 is a verrrrry nice step forward!!! Although this was only a 4-Judge panel. Probably doesn't count toward the standings.

....oh yes it does !

Just curious: how does this happen in a sanctioned show?

I believe next weekends show in Ohio is also a 4 man panel !

see you all soon...have safe travels and fun performances until then...

Matt I hope I get a chance to touch base with you at some point during the season!! I screamed for you before your show started! You guys are looking good!!!