Academy...now that they've made top 12 at SA...

G men had a 0.9 pen and would've beat them

i know it doesn't matter, just saying

That 0.9 penalty would have kept them in 12th...behind Colts by .025

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

can't have it both ways man - either we allow inflammatory threads or we don't

Re: Academy - they are VERY good - you can certainly tell who is commenting on the corps without seeing them live. Performance level is amazing with some obvious areas to improve on over the next couple weeks.

Finalist status is a certainty.

& if I were the corps parked in 12th I would be watching my back: Blue Stars are coming to get you. IMHO

Yeah, I guess you're right...I just read the first post and kind of was taken aback by the tone. Passions run high here, eh? B)

Anyway, yeah...I think Academy can sneak in there. It does seem like the concept of "The Chase" is a little thin in its layering compared to Colts, though. What they have is super clean, and well performed...but how much farther can you max the concept out in our "GE is god" world now?

I don't mind the brass sounds that some seem to think are top heavy. There's more than one way to a loud and great hornline. Phantom, some people think they overblow. Cavaliers, some people think they are too reserved. BD gets it all the time for being top heavy like Academy seems to, so, hey, that's some good company to be in. :P

However, based on how they seem to ramp up the show diffiulty (and last years show was pretty awesome...wish more people had seen it live)...I'm thinking 2008 is gonna be even better and the show that really defines them among Division I.

Edited by bawker

I think Academy is set in finals for pasadena, they are touring regularly from here on out and will be revising what needs revised. Oh and by the way. HONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Edited by bandman28

However, based on how they seem to ramp up the show diffiulty (and last years show was pretty awesome...wish more people had seen it live)...I'm thinking 2008 is gonna be even better and the show that really defines them among Division I.

Is it a guarantee that they will have financing to do a proper tour? I suspect there will be more demands of a finalist corps in regards to tour.