San Antonio Scores Discussion

God forbid we actually talk about scores in a scores thread.

I really wish DCI would post reasons behind the penalties.

I was knocked out of semis in 02 by a penalty, and I still don't know what it was for.

Unfortunately, we probably will not be privy to those things.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the spreads are suspect, although the rankings are unfortunately correct.

SCV should be closer to PR and Crown, for sure. I think their time slot put them at a huge disadvantage.

And, Boston 3 points above BK? No way.

Boston had to follow Santa Clara tonight and still closed to 1.75 points.

Head to head margin:

7/7 Allentown....6.05 points

7/14 Atlanta........3.95 points

7/18 Louisiana.....2.75 points

7/21 San Antonio..1.75points

Edited by KevinRomano

Unfortunately, we probably will not be privy to those things.

I don't understand why.

I mean, why not publish why a corps got a penalty and what for? doesn't seem that hard to do.

I don't understand why.

I mean, why not publish why a corps got a penalty and what for? doesn't seem that hard to do.

It looks like the timing and penalties judge was busy tonight though...sheesh....3 penalties in one night. I don't think I've seen a penalty since 06.

I don't get how SCV's colorguard is placing 8th. Didn't they beat all the corps' guards in head-to-head competition, including Crown?

I SMELL SLOTTING.

Yeah, I definitely don't think they're an 8th place guard.

Maybe this is just alumni frustration coming through, but why does it seem like SCV is getting dumped a lot this season? And it's not just me...... one of my PR alumni friends completely agrees with me.

Oh well...... Keep it up, Jonz!

I'm just not buying in to Bostons show. Yes there's a ton of BAC rehash .. but the first half of their show is like an MTV music video. How many songs are in that 5 minute segment? How many chop cuts can a corps get away with anyway?

I thought BK was seriously dumped on tonight. THE YEA! Kids also got a good thumping from the green shirts.

The one judge that I question the most is the brass judge. I'm not saying anything about Coats winning brass. I'm looking further down the recap. PR in 3rd in brass? Nuh uh. No offense to PR because they are getting there.. and they have power galore .. but the phasing and loss of ensemble sound on direction changes can't be ignored. IF anything, I had Crown 3rd and PR 6th. The other 5 in the top 7, I can buy.

The spread from 1-7 is justified .. but I think The top 2 are inflated. Crown, PR, Coats and Cavies should be knotted up within a point of each other ... BD should be about 1 pt ahead of them ... and Cadets were clearly ahead in my book .. and that's not a HOMER/HONKER talking. I have a feeling that their colorguard scores have bled in to their other visual caption scores. $10 says the visual performance tape talks about the guard A TON. The drill was VERY clean and their feet were excellent and close to the level of BD.

As stated.... these scores are all subjective. I'm sure different judges (even tonight) would have had things differently for the top 6 (or 7).