Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wrong...it lasted 4 posts...no cookie for me

Well, at least you can't say I didn't try. :laugh:

Just listened to the various APDs in question, and as much as I love Regiment, I have to say they were sounding pretty rough. Lots of flubs in the brass that even I could pick out. The corps that were above them were sounding very, very smooth. Here's hoping Regiment can clean it up and not get a nerves attack at the shows that matter. Too bad we have to wait for another recording, lol.

Edited by RickCogley

"Actually that "jazz run" is one of my least favorite parts of the visual program. It's a mess. To me it is a variation of a scatter just to simply get the hornline in front of the guard. It serves little to no purpose visually."

"OK, sarcasto. . .whatever it is supposed to be, its not effective for me. . .sorry my opinion differs from yours."

You know what they say about assuming?

Just because I don't like the make-up or technique of the maneuver does not mean I don't understand what is being attempted.

that's true.

it's pretty obvious that in this situation, though, that you had no idea what you were looking at.

like i said earlier, if you think it was stupid, there's nothing anyone can do to help you enjoy it more. the problem lies in the fact that it just went over your head; you even used the phrase "whatever it is supposed to be"! it's clear that you didn't even recognize what was happening on the field. and that's ok, really, there's no reason for you to be fighting this.

Regarding the phlocking...

I think the point was that he didn't get it. He didn't know what he was looking at. I didn't know what I was looking at. When making a show, its important to keep the audience in mind. If that drill move didn't effectively portray "flocking" or whatever that would be a problem. The design team can believe whatever they want to believe about the show. I'm not going to let a show designer get on the top 6 dci dvd commentary and tell me the corps was flocking when all I saw was prancing around in a blob. No one around me knew that the prancing blob was a flock of birds.

Want to make that move more effective? Create that ripple effect that most flocks of birds create. You know what I'm talking about... when a mass of hundreds of birds change direction, but not all at the same time. Thats one amazing sight, and it would be great on the field. Cavaliers 2000 comes to mind - that morphing triangle that starts from the point and works its way up while the members turn around... might be cool...

Yeah, beavs, it's the suggestion of the thing that makes it attractive.

that's true.

it's pretty obvious that in this situation, though, that you had no idea what you were looking at.

like i said earlier, if you think it was stupid, there's nothing anyone can do to help you enjoy it more. the problem lies in the fact that it just went over your head; you even used the phrase "whatever it is supposed to be"! it's clear that you didn't even recognize what was happening on the field. and that's ok, really, there's no reason for you to be fighting this.

you keep saying it yourself, he did know what it was supposed to be. that claims a problem in the show design, not him. i know plenty of people who didnt know what it was, or questioned if it was supposed to look like that. there were even times when they were supposed to be in a clear visual set, but it was just a bit off and i had to think to myself is that supposed to be something or are they doing tee scatter thing again? to me that points out a problem in the design department, not the viewers. its the job of the designer to leave the audience with no doubt whatsoever about what theyre watching, and in this case that isnt happening.

i would also like to say that i have always loved phantom, i always said when i marched that if i were to leave my corps for some reason then i would go to phantom. but having a look at PHans like yourself i would seriously question marching there. you are really making a terrible impression on this corps and if i marched there i would not appreciate what youre doing at all. whenever another corps i felt was below us beat me when i marched, i never personally attacked their program, i stopped and looked at what i could do to make my corps better so as to not let it happen again. you have acted very childish in the defense of your corps by slinging mud at other corps and even gone as far as to attack views and careers of anyone who has politely disagreed with yourself. <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

it's always the peacemakers and egalitarians that get shot in the back, tortured, and impaled. c'est la vie!

btw...isn't it shark week this week?

Yes. And I am living every day like it.