Denton Midnight Theater

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"May the force be with you." :rolleyes:

Don't worry what other people think :P

....that's kinda funny. you want to have a secret...but you want everybody to know you've got one?

What fun is keeping a secret if no one knows you've got one? :P

OK, you've got your scores. Happy? Now, back to more important matters...

"Rock Band" is being released in the fall with a full drum kit simulator. In addition you have bass, lead and vocals. This game will be a riot

sounds great!!! any clue what system will carry the game?

Brought to you buy the same people who brought you Guitar Hero, GHII, and GH Encore: Rocks The 80s (but not GHIII) now brings you...

Rock Band: The Game, to be released in November on X360 and PS3.

I've started a thread here

Just got back.

The crowd loved Academy. I say they're a lock for finals this year.

Madison aren't nearly half as bad as everyone made it out to be. Everyone I talked to tonight about their show was really surprised by their performance.

SCV was good, but I almost feel like they're peaking right now. Dan Potter needs to be kicked for announcing that Rick Valenzuela was the corps director as SCV marched off the field. Jeff Pearson, you doof.

Bluecoats and Cavaliers are light years ahead of the others in terms of sound. I liked the Bluecoats, and they were definitely a step up from SCV. There are definitely some great moments, but in the end, I think design will have them maxed out in 4th place. I would LOVE to seem them take the Cadets, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm surprised at the .7 spread in brass. The Cavaliers and Bluecoats are closer in brass performance than the score tonight would have you believe.

I wasn't quite so sure before this show, but I think the Cavaliers have a winning design. Of course I'm biased, but I would be not at all surprised if they took it in August. Anything can happen, though...

There's nothing like seeing the corps you marched with live and in top form. I had an incredible night.

Edited by Jayzer

I wasn't quite so sure before this show, but I think the Cavaliers have a winning design. Of course I'm biased, but I would be not at all surprised if they took it in August. Anything can happen, though...

There's nothing like seeing the corps you marched with live and in top form. I had an incredible night.

I just got back as well, my Drum Corps weekend is over, and I've got my fix for the summer. . . (well as much as possible). I am biased as well but personally none of the current top 3 corps have a "memorable" show, nothing special. They are performed at a very high level, but none have a concept that catches my attention at all. Crown and Bluecoats have by far the most memorable shows thus far in my opinion (a bit of bias as a Bluecoat alum, but I think it's justified) :)

And complete amen in regards to seeing your corps really max out a performance and just light up the stadium, pretty incredible stuff.

Could there have been any more bugs or a more restless (partly in part to bugs) DCI crowd ever?! It was pretty bad tonight in Denton. And they really need to fix the whole drummers hacking near the stadium during performances, hearing hacking during 3 straight ballads really got annoying, show coordinators need to have a tighter handle on that in my opinion.