Denton Midnight Theater

Dude, that is one awesome "sig file" How do I get me one? (radar image of Denton) VERY Cool!!!

I went to the wfaa (channel 8, Dallas) website, clicked on the weather section and brought up the desktop weather for DFW county. I then pasted the link to the gif into my DCP sig. Denton lucked out on the weather it seems. Some pretty mild stuff passed through earlier and blossomed into some pretty significant rain. Likewise, the cell taht was coming in from the northeast fizzled out before it got here.

As of right now I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping my wife can finish up her homework (she's working on her Masters of Ed. degree) so I can head out the door and catch some of the show. We'll see...

Edited by year1buick

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the wfaa (channel 8, Dallas) website, clicked on the weather section and brought up the desktop weather for DFW county. I then pasted the link to the gif into my DCP sig. Now I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping my wife can finish up her homework (she's working on her Masters of Ed. degree) so I can head out the door and catch some of the show. We'll see...

Well, if you've been watching the radar, and are that close, did that major thunderstorm East of Denton really just completely fade away vs. slamming into Denton? Maybe the Drum Corps gods are at work after all? Did it rain heavily earlier? If so, I wonder how the field will hold up? Or the corps?

Well, if you've been watching the radar, and are that close, did that major thunderstorm East of Denton really just completely fade away vs. slamming into Denton? Maybe the Drum Corps gods are at work after all? Did it rain heavily earlier? If so, I wonder how the field will hold up? Or the corps?

I live in Yep, they just faded away. (Typical summer pattern for this time of year.) What's more, the wind seems pretty mild too, though it might be another thing at the stadium.

Edited by year1buick

I will say this is the first year in a long time that the recaps are all over the place, I think its a good thing, think too many years some corps never got the credit if they had one great performance cat. because of overall performance score

as we wait for scores we can pay tribute to denton, for its role in Rocky Horror,

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Troopers - Casper, WY

The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Frontier - Dallas, TX

Will it be a Time Warp or a Light at the Frankenfueter Place.... :rolleyes:

It's Denton, OHIO!

Notice the Cleveland Plain Dealer on the dashboard of the car that Brad and Janet are driving. That's the same paper used to keep the rain off their heads. When viewing Rocking Horror we'd all go to the one newstand in town that carried the Plain Dealer so we could use that to keep the squirt gun spray off our heads.

Edited by Scout

I had a plain dealer subscription....use to go to the show in Cuyahoga Falls....and up on Murry Hill in Little Italy

and like I said earlier, since Bluecoats have been there for the last 4 days I thought we could "share" Rocky with the TX Denton for the nite, kinda like a sister city program....:)

Edited by blueorginal

scores?

it's still 8:30 there and with 9 or so corps on don't expect anything till prolly 10pm-ish there...

It's just a jump to the left...