Crossmen closing in on top 12.

Wow, I'm glad to hear the corps is on a roll. If they bust back into the top twelve after being 17th(ish) early on in the season, it would be a great comeback story! Here's to the show coming together and the points starting to roll in.

LETS PEAK IN THE ROSE BOWL!

BOOTS!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I have read on DCP and having only seen them once, it sounds like most of their scoring difficulties are in execution. Everyone seems to be complimenting their show from a design standpoint, so all we can hope is that in the next 2+ weeks and alot of work from some very dedicated kids brings the desired result. Either way, it's going to be an exciting semi-finals, that's for sure.

GO BONES!

<**> <**>

no one cares that you are possibly scared that your corps may get beaten or fall in the rankings.

good luck bones!

If this happens I will applaud them and appreciate their accomplishments with sincerity, because in order to do so they will have to put on one hell of a performance with a superbly designed show, and I appreciate that as much as the next guy.

If this happens I will applaud them and appreciate their accomplishments with sincerity, because in order to do so they will have to put on one hell of a performance with a superbly designed show, and I appreciate that as much as the next guy.

Well said.

wow! im so proud of the corp for continuing to push!

ive seen academy alot this year, and if xmen are anywhere close to them (which they are) then i am stoked! and point jumps in three consecutive shows is without a doubt a good sign, no one can deny that!

will they make finals? honestly i have no clue, i think whats important, like gary always lays out clearly, is that they are setting the corp up for future success, without everything always being an uphill battle.

i was in shock at the improvement from atlanta to san antonio! i was literally yelling "WOOOO" at my computer screen! personally, I love this show! i think it is genius in design. Is it a bit too transitional and overdone? perhaps. but I have watched this show many many times from many different shows on my computer and I never find myself not liking it.

I really enjoy the music and its progressive mentality. absolutely can not wait to see them live in CA.

i really liked what you had to say rut-roh. over different videos, it definitely

seems like the corp is maturing and becoming the 2007 crossmen.

with the progress they are undoubtedly making recently, i pray that they push till the end and continue to jump. but im more happy that the corp is setting its self of for future success, after all, I still want to be a crossmen fan in 20 years, hear what im sayin?

for now, WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

to bozzlyb

hey i just want to say that i like your style in the xmen thread.

tho i do not necessarily agree with you in some points, i like how you are not taking the bait of people attacking you for having a different opinion. and you respond in a relaxed manner, this board needs more of yous.

ps, i aged out crossmen last year, after finals, myself and a bunch of guys (all of age) were at a pub down the street taking it all in. when we got low on beer, our waitress walks up with three completely full pitchers! we were confused and she wouldnt tell us who they were from.

about an hour later a few guys in bluestars jackets walk up and say "did we get you the right beer?"

also, i marched impulse in 2003-2004

we housed with blue stars somewhere in michigan or where ever and got to know the corps very well. we even learned to play something together as brasslines. I met a girl with cancer who played baritone. I forget her name. the girl who was basically told she was gonna die, multiple times, but kept marching. impulse built a strong bond with bluestars that year. the next year, when bluestars beat impulse again, many members of the corp approached us and congratulated us on the corps best div 2 placement ever! (6th.)

i have been beaten by bluestars in two different corps and in two different divisions, and not once was i ashamed of it. the bluestars are without a doubt in my mind, a class act.

the corp is respectively new to the div 1 scene since returning last year, but if the corp continues the respect and passion that they always have off and on the field, it is only a matter of (hopefully short) time before they are noticed for it.

i know it was way off topic, i just wanted to put that out there after seeing bozzlyb attacked for his opinion, then responding calmly.

to bozzlyb

hey i just want to say that i like your style in the xmen thread.

tho i do not necessarily agree with you in some points, i like how you are not taking the bait of people attacking you for having a different opinion. and you respond in a relaxed manner, this board needs more of yous.

ps, i aged out crossmen last year, after finals, myself and a bunch of guys (all of age) were at a pub down the street taking it all in. when we got low on beer, our waitress walks up with three completely full pitchers! we were confused and she wouldnt tell us who they were from.

about an hour later a few guys in bluestars jackets walk up and say "did we get you the right beer?"

also, i marched impulse in 2003-2004

we housed with blue stars somewhere in michigan or where ever and got to know the corps very well. we even learned to play something together as brasslines. I met a girl with cancer who played baritone. I forget her name. the girl who was basically told she was gonna die, multiple times, but kept marching. impulse built a strong bond with bluestars that year. the next year, when bluestars beat impulse again, many members of the corp approached us and congratulated us on the corps best div 2 placement ever! (6th.)

i have been beaten by bluestars in two different corps and in two different divisions, and not once was i ashamed of it. the bluestars are without a doubt in my mind, a class act.

the corp is respectively new to the div 1 scene since returning last year, but if the corp continues the respect and passion that they always have off and on the field, it is only a matter of (hopefully short) time before they are noticed for it.

i know it was way off topic, i just wanted to put that out there after seeing bozzlyb attacked for his opinion, then responding calmly.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Midland Texas 77.65, back to where we started pre-san antonio

Edited by Musical_Spinner