Rochester Crusaders a COMPLETE class act

BTW, John Zona is correct! When I marched with "Mr. Clean" it was a pleasure to have him and watch him wail on a huge pair of marching cymbals! He got his nickname from shaving bald before bald was in and wearing a gold earring! :rock: B)

"Hey, Telly Savalas shaves his head and he's a sex symbol. Yul Brenner shaves his head and he's a sex symbol. Why can't I shave my head and be a sex symbol?". True quote....

Plus a Fu Manchu moustache if I remember right. Didn't even know his name at the time. We'd see him somewhere and we'd go over and talk a bit. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Hornlines, we will have to try to get a hornline sectional going in a swimming pool someplace.

I'M IN!!!!!!!! b**bs

"Hey, Telly Savalas shaves his head and he's a sex symbol. Yul Brenner shaves his head and he's a sex symbol. Why can't I shave my head and be a sex symbol?". True quote....

Plus a Fu Manchu moustache if I remember right. Didn't even know his name at the time. We'd see him somewhere and we'd go over and talk a bit. :)

Wow! :rock: I forgot to mention the Fu Manchu! LOL! Your right,Jim! As well as the quote is right from Zona Too! :P

I just am wondering if he is still around someplace? Would love to see or talk to him again! B)

Can vouch for that in the late 70s. Week or so after we beat the Buccs for the first time in our history a bunch of us were standing around and noticed two Crusader DMs coming toward us. They just wanted to congratulate us and hope we continue to improve.

Yeah just two DMs.... named Allen Smyth and Dave Bruni(I think).... :rock:

Cru had a cymbal player named John Zona(sp?) who always took the time to talk to the group I hung with (and we were in HS/college at the time).

it was't dave bruni. zona was a trip.

I'm interested in Bill Hoyt making "an old lady feel good." Hmmmmm, you go Bill!

It must have been the vibrato! :P

by the way for all of you who are to young to remember in 1966 a.l nationals in d.c. the crusaders got sportsmanship award from congress for our actions in a very tulmultuois night. we were the only corps not to protest losing the show and even gave the cabs a round of applause on the field. i believe we were the first to ever do that. you can chaulk up that attitude to the great doc mizma. always a gentlemen.....even in defeat.

hey, im all for a a bass sectional in the jacuzzi :)

HAHA Me and Stokes wouldn't mind doing that:-P Bass 3 and me.

Are Cru and Fusion housing togather again in Syracuse? Shall I mention my birthdays that sunday:-P

it was't dave bruni. zona was a trip.

Cru DM I was thinking about was with the corps 1978 was young and had dark hair. Since I can't remember exactly what his face looked like he could have passed for a young David B.

Of course I never saw David up close either. :P

Took me all afternoon but now I'm drawing a mental picture of Zona whamming those big ### plates together. Had to throw his head back to get it the heck outta the way. :rock: We'd just watch and think "If he ever forgets to move his head" :sshh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Thanks sooo much Cru!!! Yea our bus was soooo late! We were starving! And then me and my friend Kristina found 4 of you guys in D.C. Hahaaha those pictures! Anyway thanks so much you guys are really nice!

HAHA Me and Stokes wouldn't mind doing that:-P Bass 3 and me.

Are Cru and Fusion housing togather again in Syracuse? Shall I mention my birthdays that sunday:-P

i say if we're housing together we should definitely do that - that would be fun :)