Blue Stars pass Academy

The Blue Stars just beat The Academy by .6 points. After seeing them early in the season in SoCal and on the San Antonio web cast, I have not noticed the huge improvement I was expecting. They blew me away earlier this year and I put them in a guaranteed finals spot, possibly as high as 8th place. Now, after seeing the SA show I noticed that really nothing has changed except for some things being a little cleaner and some maneuvering sequences that involved body and horn work. Their show was clean then and it is clean now, but that's the problem. I'm afraid that have no where to go because their show wont really improve much from the level they are performing it at. I think it is going to be a bloodbath for those bottom spots at finals, as I see it, any one of the following corps has a fighting chance:

Colts

The Academy

Glassmen

Pacific Crest

Blue Stars

Spirit from JSU

Crossmen

Here's to what is shaping up as one of the best years ever.

well said, i think others can agree. they were clean a month ago and the looked great, and 4 weeks later they are just about the same. Academy is really going to have to fight hard with these other corps you mentioned (ie. colts, glassman, Pacific Crest, BS, Spirit, Crossman) if they are going to have a chance.

its going to be a race to the finish come finals week!!

The Blue Stars just beat The Academy by .6 points. After seeing them early in the season in SoCal and on the San Antonio web cast, I have not noticed the huge improvement I was expecting.

by "them" you mean Academy or Blue Stars or both?

I thought their visual package cleaned up a ton, but musically I don't think they went anywhere since I saw them in Walnut.

I remember talking to their staff in 06. When they used to only do half a season, they would design shwos that would peak around July. In 06, they said it was their first year having a show designed to peak during August. I loved 06, but I wonder how the design chops are doing with Academy, and if they may have ended up with an 05 show instead of a full season show.

As far as Blue Stars go, I see them making finals. I have my opinions of why Blue Stars didn't make the night show, and it goes back to individual visual, but the kids at Blue Stars are working hard, and I know their staff is going to get them cleaned up major in the next two and a half weeks.

Folks, Academy is still taking things in stride. They are not rushing anything. I think design wise, they threw at them what they could handle at this point, but yet, still challenge them (the corps).

Nobody is worried about where they place over in the Academy camp. They are just trying to put on the best show they can.

I think so many fans want so much so soon. Patience. Steady growth is what has gotten them this far.

I see Academy just getting better and better.

Congrats on a great season, thus far. The drum corps world has certainly taken notice.

The Blue Stars just beat The Academy by .6 points. After seeing them early in the season in SoCal and on the San Antonio web cast, I have not noticed the huge improvement I was expecting. They blew me away earlier this year and I put them in a guaranteed finals spot, possibly as high as 8th place. Now, after seeing the SA show I noticed that really nothing has changed except for some things being a little cleaner and some maneuvering sequences that involved body and horn work. Their show was clean then and it is clean now, but that's the problem. I'm afraid that have no where to go because their show wont really improve much from the level they are performing it at. I think it is going to be a bloodbath for those bottom spots at finals, as I see it, any one of the following corps has a fighting chance:

Colts

The Academy

Glassmen

Pacific Crest

Blue Stars

Spirit from JSU

Crossmen

Here's to what is shaping up as one of the best years ever.

I would replace Pacific Crest with Madison.....I saw PC in Allentown, and where they performed well for early, I don't see the show, especially music arrangements, going anywhere...in fact I don't see it in semis, but think Seattle will get the 17 spot. I would agree Madison is a longshot, but they just closed a nearly 5 point gap from Academy down to 2, and beat them in music...if they improve enough in visual and effect, it's possible.....I think Spirit and Glassmen are going to miss the finals cut and get replaced by Colts and Blue Stars....the battle for the last spot is going to be something to behold.........

GB

I'm beginning to think that we need to start considering Madison for finals as well...that would be a great comeback for them.