"Open Source" returns for Cadets in 2008

I hope it showed a lot better live than the YouTube video made it out to be, then.

Their nationals performance was great. And if the video you're talking about is the same one I saw, then that's bad enough quality as it is. They came in 16th or so at nationals this year and their guard made WGI finals.

Edit: I was very glad to see that someone else had mentioned that before me, because the first thing I thought of when I read the first post was WJHS's show and immediately posted about it in disgust.

Edited by Musicman1084

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reads..

Earth, fire, wind, water, and heart.

I was referring to the group Earth Wind & Fire.... it was a humorous observation..... not a miss read

...relentless pursuit of the edge.

It means lead (don't follow) or get out of the way.

Don't follow the high school programs anymore, Hop...you can create, innovate, inspire and make West Johnston and every other high school crib from you. It can be done, and done well. It can even use voice in a way that can get nay-sayers on board. There's no need to go "Up With People", or resort to cheap jingoistic tugs at emotion.

It can be done.

The Cadets tradition of innovation demands it. :)

Ben Franklin: When I was in school, I seemed different, I never seemed to fit in. But then when I put on the swimming paddles I invented, something magical happened. I knew one day I would be a part of the Continental Congress.

I'm from Pennsylvania and the guy next to me is from Virginia and we're just alike

I realize that most of the music is John Williams, but for all intents and purposes he has been America's most popular orchestral voice since the death of Copland and Bernstein, and although the music would be difficult to get copyright permission,

lucky for you Bocook is one of the very few people in America allowed to touch Williams' work

I think the declaration idea works great, its an awesome show idea. Especially when West johnston High school did it at boa last year! It was one of the best programmed ideas last year! Does hoppy go to boa to get ideas?? it looks like there are strains of kennesaw mt. high school 2 years ago, in this years cadets show! alot actually!

personally i will laugh if the cadets did a decleration show as it was just done and done well i might add, best props at boa!! not to mention the band marches justlike cadets and have cadet uniforms, and the band director at west johnston has been the tour director for cadets for a while now..... interesting.......

At least part of this statement is false. I cant speak to the rest of it, but it makes me doubt your accuracy... :worthy:

and the whole declaration of independence show idea, which was used just LAST year by West Johnston high school from North Carolina, a band which reminds people of the Cadets enough as it is (same west point uniforms, same marching style, right foot step off, Rocky Point Holiday, etc.).

You know, if the band is wearing cadet uniforms, playing rocky point, and stepping off with their right foot, then who is copying whom overall???? :worthy:

I'm from Pennsylvania and the guy next to me is from Virginia and we're just alike

Cut....

You know, if the band is wearing cadet uniforms, playing rocky point, and stepping off with their right foot, then who is copying whom overall???? :rock:

wow... cadet borg?? anyone

did the cadets invent the west pont uniform?? didnt think so!

did cadets invent right foot step off? is there a patent on that? didnt think so! someone better call the military and tell them to stop stealing from the mighty cadets!

playing one piece of music( rocky point holiday?? with a different concept is stealing?? didnt think so, ala holy name cadets from yea! bergen-allentown-field-new-pennsyvania-jersey

at least west johnston has there own innovative concepts year in and year out, not copying anything from others!

now cadets 2005 production??? yeah saw that in high school band before cadets did it!

last year... well that needs no comment, as ive seen alice in wonderland done way better

cadets this year?, watch kennesaw mt!!!they were great! and made more sence

2008?? well lets hope they dont take any more shows form high school bands.

how bout get a creative design team for one of the most talented groups in the country! I would say open source is merely because they cant think of anything new on there own! sad really.