State of the Scouts after SA

I don't know the whole story (call me naive) but by just looking at the DM in SA, on the stand waiting to 'start' the show, he was stout...intense. That's Madison. Again, the dark slacks may be hiding the marching intensity but 2 things are ocurring: 1) If there is a near-completely new staff, they look to be gellin' (not a Dr Schoals kick) and 2) The kids obviously trust each other.

SO many times, and I am also guilty of this, the kids themselves are overlooked. I've made spits about rules and whatnot, but any kid, from any corps, from any country has my respect. I've been there. I've had my corps almost lose it in the middle of tour and we've pulled together to make it.

It isn't the destination, it's the ride there - and personally, the ride is more fun with my arms in the air!

Ride this baby home Madison!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the whole story (call me naive) but by just looking at the DM in SA, on the stand waiting to 'start' the show, he was stout...intense. That's Madison. Again, the dark slacks may be hiding the marching intensity but 2 things are ocurring: 1) If there is a near-completely new staff, they look to be gellin' (not a Dr Schoals kick) and 2) The kids obviously trust each other.

SO many times, and I am also guilty of this, the kids themselves are overlooked. I've made spits about rules and whatnot, but any kid, from any corps, from any country has my respect. I've been there. I've had my corps almost lose it in the middle of tour and we've pulled together to make it.

It isn't the destination, it's the ride there - and personally, the ride is more fun with my arms in the air!

Ride this baby home Madison!

Nice. :worthy:

Nice. :worthy:

Now...they just need to bring back the high marching step....maybe during one of the Fleurs....Also....they should throw in a little Slaughter....just before they turn into Kashmir....simple but effective GE stuff for such a young group....but totally Madison Scouts!

Go Scouts!

Now...they just need to bring back the high marching step....maybe during one of the Fleurs....Also....they should throw in a little Slaughter....just before they turn into Kashmir....simple but effective GE stuff for such a young group....but totally Madison Scouts!

You know, that WOULD make for pretty cool visual/historical GE effect, wouldn't it? You know, "We may be down but we're not out--WE'RE MADISON!!--don't forget it."

It would be good for a good couple of standing O's from the crowd to pull out some musical quotes from Mad history and interject them here and there. At least if they miss finals, and I think, unfortunately that they probably will, its a nice hype for the guys, for the alumni, and the fans.

And if you need a couple tenths the night of semis, Madison can pull out a couple tenths from GE if they need.

Just quotes. Snippets. Might not be the best stuff for the show this year, but sure would be fun!

I think the Scouts have a great show right now. It is also a show that draws the audience in unlike most of the higher-slotted shows. As a web cast viewer, I was very taken by the crowd response at San Antonio. I am very proud of what the Scouts have accomplished on the field this year.

Vic Russell

I was in S.A. I could tell before they started they were ready. I enjoyed the whole show...didn't get bored...didn't wish it was done so the next corp could get started. I wanted more Scouts!!!!

I saw Madison in Denton, they were very cool and looked serious.

I wouldn't be too suprised if they pulled it together but if they don't that's ok, it's not really the corps fault in my view.

I just hope members don't leave to march with someone else just so they can score higher.

I'd rather be a Scout or Trooper than anything else. Well, if I were 20yrs younger.

I saw the show in Atlanta, and like many of you, I enjoyed it thoroughly...especially that 'warm-up'. The singing and the drill work were very entertaining. I was also very impressed with the guard work throughout. The drill was intense, dirty yes...but very fun to watch. And the last chord just said, 'yeah, this is the Madison you know and love'. It is their show, along with Crossmen, Cascades and Blue Stars (if they don't make Finals), that have inspired me to purchase the Volume II DVD (corps placing 13th-21st) when it is available at seasons end; something I have never purchased in the past.

The past few years much of the talk on Madison hasn't been excitement on them making Finals. Instead, it has been a lot of complaints about how the drill and music are not reminiscent of the Madison many of us enjoy. This year's corps and the show they are performing IS the Madison Scouts. These guys are young, and if the majority of these guys return next year along with this staff, watch out...they will be sure to be nipping on the heels of the Top 10 corps.

Keep it up guys!

Madisons show is quite entertaining, and like a previous poster said, it leaves you wanting more. I have seen the transformation of this show from Camp to now and I just cant get over how much it has changed. These kids have been learning practically all summer and have managed to be in a spot that has finals not to far away. If they would have had the show they are currently marching today back in june, Madison would easily be in the top 12. I think Spanos and team have done an excellent job getting the Corps to where they are with 3 weeks to Pasadena. I truely feel spots 10-17 are up for grabs. Just look at the number of Corps that sit with scores of 77-81. 4 points seperate alot of Corps, and as PR prooved, a 2 point jump in one evening is possible. The Scouts seem to have some good mojo in there favor and I know there attitudes are that of making finals.

Go Get em' Madison.

Edited by BlueByYou2000