Believe it or not--A ROSE BOWL QUESTION

Considering I was born and raised in Pasadena, and have performed many times in and have attended functions at the Rose Bowl, you'd think I'd know the answer to this question. But let's just pretend for a moment that I want to sit in the "red section"--the most expensive seats--the famous section 19. Let's just pretend that, oh I don't know, I come into possession of some tickets that would put me smack dab in the middle of that area. For semis. AND finals. Not that I AM...but let's pretend.

What are THOSE seats like--specifically, are they individual SEATS, or are they benchs with backs or what?

Also, since I haven't been around for so long in the area of the Rose Bowl, how is the parking?

And, still pretending, if I were to go, what time should I show up on Friday to park my car...assuming I was going...which I'm neither confirming nor denying...

Considering I was born and raised in Pasadena, and have performed many times in and have attended functions at the Rose Bowl, you'd think I'd know the answer to this question. But let's just pretend for a moment that I want to sit in the "red section"--the most expensive seats--the famous section 19. Let's just pretend that, oh I don't know, I come into possession of some tickets that would put me smack dab in the middle of that area. For semis. AND finals. Not that I AM...but let's pretend.

What are THOSE seats like--specifically, are they individual SEATS, or are they benchs with backs or what?

The first and last time I was there was in the early 80's. They were bench seats...but that was in the nose bleed section. Pretty sure it's that way all around. I'd probably bring one of those stadium seats.

Also, since I haven't been around for so long in the area of the Rose Bowl, how is the parking?

Big lot. Finding a space shouldn't be a problem. Finding a GOOD space might be...

And, still pretending, if I were to go, what time should I show up on Friday to park my car...assuming I was going...which I'm neither confirming nor denying...

Silly boy! Around 1PM, by the VK banner for a great alumni get-together.

Nancy

I remember that most of the West side of the stadium has individual seating.

All seats are individual chairs, except for the top row. This according to the info DCI distributed with the ticket order. The stadium was renovated several years ago, and the bleachers were replaced with chairback seats.

Nancy

Nice!

Nancy

Nice!

...and a nice surprise might be in store too! Come on over and say hello.

Nancy

If you go to a sold out game, they might just park you on the street.

What are we looking at, 10 - 12 thousand cars for finals? I don't think there will be any trouble getting a space.

There may be enough traffic getting in to jam up the streets a bit, so I would leave some extra time.

Edited by VKMello84

Coolness...thanks...and special message to Nancy...I'm not sure my schedule can wing me getting up there in time for the shindig. However, I am in talks with Criss Angel, and he's going to teach me the occultic tradition of "bi-location". Perhaps I WILL be there.

SO lets say.....

They sell 30 thousand seats... ok let's be generous... Lets say they sell 50 thousands seats ....

how many empty seats does that leave?

SO lets say.....

They sell 30 thousand seats... ok let's be generous... Lets say they sell 50 thousands seats ....

how many empty seats does that leave?

Capacty is listed at 92,542. The Attendance for Superbowl 14 was 103,985, and the attendance for the '73 Rose Bowl was 106,869.