CADETS GUARD SCORES

Oh, guess I was wrong then, thanks for clearing that up

I guess their guard is just on a decline overall then, if they had all these vets in the guard last year yet were still a full point back in gurad at finals (5th place and only .2 up on Blue Knights guard) it appears their entire guard program is in rapid declined since 2005

I wonder if it’s the staff or the talent the is killing off Cadets guard

A rapid decline? They had an off-year last season and this year has yet to be decided, yet you feel comfortable stating that they appear to be in a rapid decline....

[sarcasm]And I'm sure it's the staff that's killing of not only the guard, but their horn and percussion lines too. Those kids suck.[/sarcasm]

Edited by chaddyt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I never meant to mean anyone was getting shafted, but as you know in the past, The Guard normally was not coming in 5th-7th. I know there are many good guards out there, I have not seen The Cadets Live thus far, so Im trying to figure out why they are placing Low, its not like them normally to place 5th-7th. What needs to be done to get them into the Top Three Guards???

When you go accross the Recap Sheets, its so surprising to see the placement of the Guard, I dont think Ive seen that sort of placement in years!! If they raise that score up 1.0 to 1.5, their overall score will place them firmly in 1st Place!!!

So, someone who has seen them live, tell me what is wrong!!!

Paul,

The guard seems very young this year. There isn't as much body work in the book as usual and there is a lack of layering in the writing that most are accustomed to seeing from Cadets. THey have been consistantly dirtier than other top 6 guards throughout the season. I'm just waiting for them to get over the hump and start performing their book like I"m accustomed to. There always seems to be 1 or 2 members out to lunch at any given moment. I have a feeling this is a rebuild year (feels weird typing that). I'm sure the staff will crank them up a notch or two before finals, but I don't see them being in the top 5 in guard this year.

Spirit of Atlanta's guard won two Guard trophies in the 80's:

I don't think that's entirely accurate .. because I know they won the guard trophy in 86.

I could have sworn they won 86 .. they led the caption all year. Who edged them out?

Edited by supersop

From what I saw in San antonio and at their Rehearsal in Pflugerville Tx, It seems like their vocabulary is higher than their achievment. If you are anyway involved in the colorguard activity, you know that the spread between the Vocabulary and achievment should be no more than .2 or .3. So either it needs to be cleaned and achievement increased. (which is what you should be striving for) or the Water hose needs to be taken out and and choreography needs to simplified.

Thats my two cents as a colorguard person.

Kyle

Blue Devils won guard in 1986.

I thought that we won that year in Guard at the Cadets of Bergen County?? The American West Show, that was a superb Guard in 96, the Highlight was going to Atlanta at the Summer Olympics!!!

~G~

I guess their guard is just on a decline overall then, if they had all these vets in the guard last year yet were still a full point back in gurad at finals (5th place and only .2 up on Blue Knights guard) it appears their entire guard program is in rapid declined since 2005

this is a really ignorant comment

they have the same basic staff that they won the guard caption with in 2005 and the Cadets are extremely talented and hard working members

for you to insult either is unnecessary

the members have been busting their butts this season - show great promise for a strong finish to the season - all to entertain YOU

shame on you <**>

other programs have "caught up" with the top few guards - Crown, SCV's program, Phantom & others are putting really quality programs on the field

I think this is great for the activity, the members AND the fans

oh - and welcome to my IGNORE LIST :P

Such ignorance. You know, its fine if you dont know much about something, but to make the statments you make, you should probably have a clue first. As far as people leaving the corps, that happened after 2005. Some sections of the horline were 80% rookie, and the guard wasnt much better last year. I would say they were young last year, and that this year is an honest improvement, although it's not showing because of the emergence of corps like crown, who are now good enough to get noticed. The cadets guard also had more injuries than usual this year, along with some odd heat illness related problems, which im sure slowed them down. If anything, i think they're on the way back up. Shaky stats covering less than 2 years doesnt make a trend.

Good grief. :lookaround:

Yes, among other things I'm sure, they've had a rash of injuries and at least one person went home I believe. They've also had issues with their hide-a-silk poles (whatever they're called), so they had to work on giving the guard more time to get the new silks out, etc.

I for one really liked their work last year, the work during the ballad was stunning.