Chambersburg

Yeah...we definitely took a major step forward from Lewisburg.

Now, it's time to look forward to August...and Bushwackers love August. :)

Very well run show tonight. Great, great, great stadium for a show, and the crowd was a very good drum corps crowd. We were happy to perform for them.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do it

sometimes easier than said. I was in the bari line last year, and had some issues in july, but I should know tomorrow. I have that itch like you wouldn't believe though.

Way to go bush.

Yeah...we definitely took a major step forward from Lewisburg.

Now, it's time to look forward to August...and Bushwackers love August. :)

Very well run show tonight. Great, great, great stadium for a show, and the crowd was a very good drum corps crowd. We were happy to perform for them.

Threadmaster: Should this be moved over to the Show Reviews page?

Your call!

:beer:

Edited by stansea

What a fantastic show. The people in Chambersburg did it right last night. :)

Like my drum major said - great stadium, the grasstro-turf was nice and kinda bouncy, and the fans were very appreciative of our hard work. I'm kinda sorry we didn't get a chance to visit the half-price concession stand after retreat. :beer:

(I was too busy putting on my toga)

God it's good to be back.

there were 4 judges last night. All Effect judges if I remember correctly, and there were zero field judges. For a first time show though, that's a big money saver for the show sponsors. Well done.

Now that Chambersburg has seen how profitable the show can be, and they'll more than likely have a bigger turnout next year by word of mouth, the panel will be regular size.

i can't say i'm a fan of this type of judging but it if does succeed in getting new shows off the ground that will be followed up the following year with full judging panels, i say it's a good start. the circuit needs more shows, not less. if this is a way to do it it's a good things IMO. <$1 to Martha Stewart>

Regarding the scores being posted before they were announced: Chambersburg retreat was delayed while medical attention was given to a member of the Yankee Rebels who became ill during their performance. Biggest part of the delay was waiting for an ambulance which must have been on the other end of town when the call came thru. (OK, last line was sarcasm as was a longer than expected wait.)

Robbie, is there any update on the Contra player? Looked real scarey for a while, but he looked alert when the ambulance left which is a good sign.

To lighten the mood, something over heard during Bushwackers performance: "My is that Drum Major animated". :P

Over all very nice venue and receptive crowd. Only concern I have is lot of the audience around me were elderly and this must have been their first corps show since the last one held in Chambersburg 30+ years ago. Hope the rest of the audience was younger so there will be a good fan base to work with.

Edit: After hearing Buccs opener and what Fusion did with 23 or 24 horns don't tell me Bbs can't get loud like the old G horns could. Think style of writing and instruction is most of the volume differences.

Did I hear right that Fusion Core had the Fans favorite award. b**bs

And each of the 6 corps got a MickeyDs jug cooler. Fun part was watching someone having to lug it off the field while the corps were trooping the stands at retreat. :P

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Did I hear right that Fusion Core had the Fans favorite award.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If so that's great. Thanks

I had to leave right after the performance. Got word of the scores, but didn't hear there was a Fans' Favorite Award.

That's great! Congrats fellow Fusionists!!! And a new "water" jug cooler!!! Sweet!!!! ( I was wondering what they were

along the front line for --- I was going to grab a drink before we started :beer:

b**bs Dano

Edited by fusioncorebusmgr