Rose Bowl Guidline

Ok, I was reading on the DCI web page that there were no backpacks of any kind allowed into the Rose Bowl which made me think of how strict security will be. I am bringing my wife and my 5 month old son, which we plan to keep him in a car seat. How strict will they be if we have a bag full of baby stuff? Much appreciated

Mark

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I was reading on the DCI web page that there were no backpacks of any kind allowed into the Rose Bowl which made me think of how strict security will be. I am bringing my wife and my 5 month old son, which we plan to keep him in a car seat. How strict will they be if we have a bag full of baby stuff? Much appreciated

Mark

I would email DCI and ask them. They will answer you pretty quickly. Or get the number for the Rose Bowl offices and call them. Most likely DCI would be the one to ask. Bless you for taking a 5 month old!

a 5 month old at a show? interesting idea.

not sure about the bag.

but, I do know that on wed. night there was a small kid next to us.... probalby 6 or so and he was so upset by the noise. Finally dad left with him and mom stayed. and watched the last 4 or so corps by herself.

made me pretty sad for Dad. (and the kid)

agreed.

but if you must.....I'd leave the car seat.....put the baby in a bag and then what can they tell you? You can't take a baby back to the car :) I KEED I KEED, I would never put a baby in a bag....no really :P

Also according to my son, the seats are tight in the Rose Bowl. He said people complained during the 2004 TOC. So don't take too much stuff with you. I would check to see if they will even let you bring a car seat in.

Good luck.

A diaper bag counts like a purse, not like a backpack-- they will check the diaper bag as well as the stroller, but YES they will let you bring both in. They will even let you store the stroller in the handicapped open seat areas. Pro stadiums are actually pretty kid friendly because the stadium employees who work the entrances and gates are used to kids.

When they check the diaper bag they will let you bring in things that are directly related to the baby (formula, bottles, etc.) but will NOT let you bring in anything THEY sell (bottled water, sodas, chips, etc.)

When my kids were less than a year old, the noise bothered them more than they bothered the other audience members-- bring some of the soft yellow kids earplugs, or plan to sit outside the 40's so the sound is not so "in your face".

FYI, bring extra bottles or sippy cups-- because as the noise bothers the baby's ears, they will need to "swallow" to readjust their ear pressure just like you do when you fly with the little ones.

Last, if your wife is nursing or needs a more quiet area to soothe the baby at any time, ask one of the stadium officials, they will usually let you retire to a press lounge or empty stadium box.

Hope this helps. I've toted my kids along with me everywhere from DCI shows to the symphony and as long as you are prepared ahead of time, it always works out.

Heads up for the fans who don't like children at events such as this-- you'll get your share of nasty looks... and get just as many smiles from other parents who have been there. :-)