Rose Bowl Guidline

Have you rented a box or are you sitting next to people who did not choose to sit next to an infant? What are you going to do if the child starts crying during a corps ballad? Are you going to be taking the child in and out of the section, in front of people watching the show, during corps performances if there is a problem? Do people want to sit there and eat while a diaper is being changed next to them? I have a child, but did not bring her to drum corps shows when she was an infant. I do not want to sit next to a infant at a drum corps show when I have paid $125 for one ticket. Seems like you are the one being disrespectful and irresponsible.

Ha-ha! So much for emotion-based second posts (see signature). I was going to mention hot dogs and diapers but it brought back painful memories--thanks for mentioning the dirty deed!

And that don't sound like a single with no kids, folks! (but I think it was the 27 that gave that away! :P not calling you old!)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial post was on the diaper bag issue and it seems that this has turned into a baby bashing post (mostly). I do appreciate the comments on how to deal with a 5 month year old at a show as this will be very helpful. First of all, I am no stranger with drum corps, I have been involved in the activity for almost 10 years and it would seem that people just assume that I live close and it would be my first experience at a drum corp show. Secondly my son HAS been to two shows already and I know it would,nt be an issue, besides a bunch of single people complaining. The fact is.... I paid money for my ticket as all of you have. People are complaining about a child when there are rude people who yell at finals during ballads just to be on the CD. The only difference is that those people want to be disrespectful. Thirdly, you don,t even know where my seats are, for all you know I may have a box rented out so dont go complaining about having a kid sitting next to you. It seems that everyone is jumping the gun when an honest question was asked about a diaper bag. I have loved the DCI community for years and it seems like this forum has gotten worse every year. We all say that we need to widen our audience to people that have not been exposed to the activity. Would you encourage someone to leave that has never seen the activity just because they had a child. I think not!

Since you have taken your child already this summer, then you know best how he/she will react. As I said in my first post. Call the Rose Bowl and ask them their policies. Good luck to you and your family. The chance you take of asking a question on a forum is all the response you have been getting. Some helpful, some not so helpful. Doesn't meant that all the DCI community is getting worse. We all take it pretty seriously, hence the concerns about a crying baby, getting up and getting down, etc. I think most of the posters are just trying to help. Albeit in a different way than you thought.

Edited by artlady

Since you have taken your child already this summer, then you know best how he/she will react. As I said in my first post. Call the Rose Bowl and ask them their policies. Good luck to you and your family. The chance you take of asking a question on a forum is all the response you have been getting. Some helpful, some not so helpful. Doesn't meant that all the DCI community is getting worse. We all take it pretty seriously, hence the concerns about a crying baby, getting up and getting down, etc. I think most of the posters are just trying to help. Albeit in a different way than you thought.

I'm glad you changed your reply. Much more responsible.

Thirdly, you don,t even know where my seats are, for all you know I may have a box rented out so dont go complaining about having a kid sitting next to you. It seems that everyone is jumping the gun when an honest question was asked about a diaper bag.

Well you did leave the information out of where you would be sitting, and 99% of the audience will be in the stands. The fact you have asked the question, that only increases the chances that you'd be in the stands. Don't be giving grief to those who were being honest because you failed to give this information. Had you stated where you'd be seated the responces would be different. I can bet on that. :laugh:

Edited by sburstall

People are complaining about a child when there are rude people who yell at finals during ballads just to be on the CD. The only difference is that those people want to be disrespectful.

We all say that we need to widen our audience to people that have not been exposed to the activity. Would you encourage someone to leave that has never seen the activity just because they had a child. I think not!

So because there are rude a--h---- who scream during the ballad to hear themselves on the CD, someone is justified if s/he wants to bring a kid who will not enjoy the show and will cry for 5 hours disturbing a couple dozen people around them? I disagree.

And yes, I'd absolutely encourage someone with an ill-behaved kid to leave.

I've been distracted by unruly kids at too many shows (usually Allentown, for some reason) to feel much sympathy. You wouldn't be allowed to bring an infant to a Broadway show, or the symphony. Why should a drum corps show be any different?

You wouldn't be allowed to bring an infant to a Broadway show, or the symphony. Why should a drum corps show be any different?

I guess, as OP noted, rude people making noise at a DC show is acceptable, huh?

I just had another thought.

if by chance crying starts during a show, you aren't really supposed to enter/leave during that.

though, I'd say no one would mind if you did to get a crying child out of there.

but....just something I thought of.

Depending on where your seats are... - everyone will have to stand up to let you out. You CAN NOT just move your knees to let someone pass by at the Rose Bowl - not possible - you have to stand up - or it's gonna get ugly! :doh:

I'm glad you changed your reply. Much more responsible.

Yeah, me too.

Depending on where your seats are... - everyone will have to stand up to let you out. You CAN NOT just move your knees to let someone pass by at the Rose Bowl - not possible - you have to stand up - or it's gonna get ugly! :doh:

Oh, I didn't want to hear that...six-foot five inches of me didn't like the Cotton Bowl for the same reason.

SNAP!

Danged 80-year old bowl stadiums! SNAP! SNAP!!

Ha-ha! So much for emotion-based second posts (see signature). I was going to mention hot dogs and diapers but it brought back painful memories--thanks for mentioning the dirty deed!

And that don't sound like a single with no kids, folks! (but I think it was the 27 that gave that away! :P not calling you old!)

Not that old. Just with 42 years of marching and fan experience. :doh: