Indianapolis, IN - July 28, 2007

Awesome review and I can appreciate your Indiana woes. Living in NYC I have visited a friend from Chicago and traveled that road to get to Dayton for WGI.

One year we got stopped by some redneck Indiana cop who called us fancy boys-fun, for driving 5 miles over the speed limit. I guess they must be bored there and who can blame them? Needless to say, Indiana is not on my list of states to venture out and "explore".

I did like the Bob Evans biscuits and gravy. We don't have them out here and they are pretty good-if you forget that it probably took a couple of years off your life eating that heart attack.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess New York State has no redneck towns. You guys are comparing the entire state of Indiana to major cities such as NYC and Chicago. Think about it...what sense does that make?

Maybe if you planned ahead, you would have fared better. Indy is consistently rated a top-notch convention city for its ability to provide hotels, restaurants, shopping, and a major venue such as the dome, all in short walking distance of each other. And most people find that the Hoosier hospitality thing is quite real - unusually friendly residents. What other cities could have handled the Brickyard, a baseball game, and a DCI regional at the same time? Not many I would guess. Parking is a bit of a mess due to construction of the stadium right now, but that should be resolved with the opening of Lucas Oil Stadium.

I look forward to the next decade of finals in Indy. Lots of housing for corps. Very accessible stadium and city with very friendly people.

Of course you are right.. but one of the things I love about being in the midwest is the ability to decide at a moment's notice, to take off and go to a show.. we weren't really sure we were going until Friday afternoon and we weren't planning to stay overnight. It's ONLY three hours' drive.. we were just way more tired after the show than we anticipated.

I couldn't help but think about just normal travellers who happened to be passing through Indiana last night. What would have happened if you were driving from Tennessee or Kentucky.. and with three small kids in the car you just ran out of steam..

No room at the inn last night.. I would have been terrified with kids in the car to stay at a rest stop..

I imagine there are lots of great things about Indiana.. but after the non-stop bad experience we had this weekend, I'm not sure we're too likely to go looking for any of it anytime soon.

Stef

I'm too tired tonight to add any more show review except for this........

there was one dude there with an AWESOME 'fro:

awesomefro.jpg

and we did what we could to throw that guy off, but he wasn't havin' it. :laugh:

naperville.jpg

and we did what we could to throw that guy off, but he wasn't havin' it. :laugh:

naperville.jpg

He's unflappable, honey. :)

Im just curious did anyone notice a Bluestars bari have his shoe falling apart?:laugh: The bottom was flopping around by his toes :laugh:

Thank you for your review!

I'll probably be agreeing with your assessment of Indianapolis after I visit it once.

And I do agree with you on the corps that I've seen (namely, BD). They have a formula that works obviously well for them. But it's a formula I disagree with due to lack of difficulty. If points were rewarded based on degree of difficulty, well, BD wouldn't have...

Why are you hating on my home and beloved city...JENNIFO??? :P

Thank you for writing a review. However, I found many of your comments about the city and some of it's residents to be rude and unnecessary. I know you were going for humor (I'm pretty sure, at least...) and you have a right to say whatever you want about whomever you want. To each his/her own, I guess...

I found many of your comments about the city and some of it's residents to be rude and unnecessary. I know you were going for humor (I'm pretty sure, at least...) and you have a right to say whatever you want about whomever you want. To each his/her own, I guess...

I guess it's easy to speak from a bad experience. If it had only been one little thing.. or one incident, I imagine it wouldn't have been quote so pervasive to my review. Unfortunately, the bad experiences were pretty much non-stop until we crossed back over the Illinois border. Even uncle z, who NOTORIOUSLY hates Illinois and particularly the tollways said, "I was never so happy to pay a toll in my life." We have both found a new meaning for the Wisconsin favorite term "FIB."

You're right. To each his/her own.

:)