Bluuuuuuuuue on Blue

Bluuuuue on Blue  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Blue Turf Hinder or Help Bluecoats Visual?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Orange Jumpsuits Will Look Awesome

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the image in your mirror.....

Would someone please post a photo of this blue turf and explain why it's blue and if other fields are made the same way?
So no one has to hunt the info down...

new_turf.jpg

Why it's blue: It was an answer to a financial question/problem. In 1986, they were getting ready to replace the old green turf. The BSU AD said that if they were going to spend that much money on new field (about 600K), he wanted to be sure that people noticed it. In 2001 a poll was taken when they were going to switch from an Astroturf® field to Astroplay® asking if it was time to go green. Over 5,000 people responded and 80% said no.

Are other fields made the same way?: No. It's the only non-green football field in the US.

There is a massive photo gallery of Boise State's Blue Thunder band on the turf:

http://thunder.boisestate.edu/photos2006.shtml

So, without reading a single post in this thread, if a Blue corps member makes a mistake while marching on Smurf Turf, does anybody see it?

How do the Blue corps' guide on Smurf Turf?

Do GE scores drop significantly? (i.e. nobody sees from first question)

:whistle::whistle::rock:

:rock:

Oops! Even ninjas get out of line occassionally! No, seriously--I saw it happen the other night. The lights were off...

Are other fields made the same way?: No. It's the only non-green football field in the US.

Just to clarify, it is by no means the only non-green football field in the US! For anyone who's ever been to a high school in Las Vegas, there isn't a single green anything that survives, and our football fields are mostly brown.

But in terms of it intentionally not being green, then yes it is probably the only one. K, I need to stop being, well, me... B)

Just to clarify, it is by no means the only non-green football field in the US! For anyone who's ever been to a high school in Las Vegas, there isn't a single green anything that survives, and our football fields are mostly brown.

Feh....that was Whitewater back in 84...come to a stop...dust swirls around you...