You know what they say about weather forecasts...

Hi--as some may know, my other life is a 911 Dispatch Supervisor for the Orange County Fire Authority. In amongst the many things we are "worried" about in the fire department is the WEATHER. Obviously weather affects the behavior of fire, especially in wildland environs, and it also can be a good forecast for possible medical aids as related to heat, or potential for flooding, etc, etc. So, I provide the following "forecast" that I received today through the state forestry service...I'm wondering if next week is going to actually be "nice" in southern California for a change...

Weather Report – Southern Region

A ridge of high pressure centered over the Four Corners Area will maintain near normal temperatures over the region through Friday. A Pacific trough will move over the West Coast bringing cooler temperatures Saturday through early next week. Humidity will be low across most of the region through early next week. Isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue over the Eastern Deserts through early next week.

So there you go...I'm thinking things should be VERY nice for championships week...

...well, except for that pesky problem of NO HOUSING FOR CORPS!!!!!!!!!!!

But I digress. :sshh:

Thanks Ranger Ryan B)

Thanks Ranger Ryan B)

:worthy:

Well, at least you didn't insult me and call me Ricky Rescue. :worthy: :P

Hats off to you Ryan. I have done some dispatch on a local level, and that job is no picnic. Not to mention you perform your duties in one of the most highly populated areas in the country.

Hats off to you Ryan. I have done some dispatch on a local level, and that job is no picnic. Not to mention you perform your duties in one of the most highly populated areas in the country.

Ahhhhhhhhh cool!! Great to meet a fellow dispatcher. I kind of view dispatching sort of like running a drum corps rehearsal as a drum major. You give out a bunch of commands and tell people where to go, and you get irritated when people talk too much, and then you tell them to be quiet (skillfully of course because you have so many people listening on the radio!!!). LOL!!!!

Anyway...I think my weather report has some legs to it because local news is now starting to tout "unseasonably cool temperatures are in store for us, more weather coming up in just a few minutes, so stay tuned!!" LOL!!!

BTW, for those that are coming out to California, and are of the male persuasion, I invite you to check out the weather "caster" on our local station CHANNEL 9, at 8, 9 and 10.

And then...thank me later.

Ahhhhhhhhh cool!! Great to meet a fellow dispatcher. I kind of view dispatching sort of like running a drum corps rehearsal as a drum major. You give out a bunch of commands and tell people where to go, and you get irritated when people talk too much, and then you tell them to be quiet (skillfully of course because you have so many people listening on the radio!!!). LOL!!!!

What....no push-ups? No making them run to get a leaf off a tree?? ^0^

Anyway...I think my weather report has some legs to it because local news is now starting to tout "unseasonably cool temperatures are in store for us, more weather coming up in just a few minutes, so stay tuned!!" LOL!!!

BTW, for those that are coming out to California, and are of the male persuasion, I invite you to check out the weather "caster" on our local station CHANNEL 9, at 8, 9 and 10.

And then...thank me later.

KCAL meteorologist Jackie Johnson is a very nice person. Used to see her alot when she was on the east coast. LA is lucky to have her.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhkay...

Nice would be a way to refer to her as, yes.

Keep us posted Ryan.

I'm hoping for perfect weather to add to the list of why people are SO happy that finals came to the West.

I'm guessing that's the same high pressure dome that forcasters predicted to move into Texas next week or so and bring the usual (and absent thus far) summer heat wave/ dry spell. Grrr. ^0^