What does everyone think of the 07 BD drum feature?

I might be getting too specific now, but it kinda reminds me of a (less clean) version of the Cadets 2005 ballad snare part with the triplet rolls.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this will never go down as ScoJo's best writing. I wonder what happened, honestly. I remember the opening spree in 2003. That was genius. Or pretty much the whole book in last year...

Its nice to see someone who appreciates last years BD show. Yea, some things could have been better, but if you really pay attention, those guys marched their ##### off. Not downing everyone else, because i know everyone did; but you can jsut see it on their faces that that is what they went out to do. But its all just MO.

I am trying to find out how it fits into the "winged" theme.... it sounds to me like a regular, rudimental drum warmup on the field with make-shift hornline visuals that have yet to be cleaned. *slightly off topic...I mean...if the hornline is going to march and play the whole show...just march and play the whole show. Something BD's visual program hasn't quite grasped is hornline movement outside of their normal marching technique. There have been few attempts, and they haven't, imo, been very successful. I understand its not their style, but if they are going to do it...they better do it well.

Sorry to keep it off-topic, but I've never really thought about this before, yet i can see exactly what you mean - perhaps i'll watch for this at finals.

I am trying to find out how it fits into the "winged" theme.... it sounds to me like a regular, rudimental drum warmup on the field with make-shift hornline visuals that have yet to be cleaned. *slightly off topic...I mean...if the hornline is going to march and play the whole show...just march and play the whole show. Something BD's visual program hasn't quite grasped is hornline movement outside of their normal marching technique. There have been few attempts, and they haven't, imo, been very successful. I understand its not their style, but if they are going to do it...they better do it well.

Back to the drum feature... I remember seeing it and thinking...ok...now what? As far as execution...no complaints here. It was effective in the sense of quality drumming, but I am trying to follow "Winged Victory" from start to finish, and I just can't.

I am not a percussionist, but I share the opinion of the few who say they've heard this feature before. I don't know why, but in the drum feature, and the rest of the show...i am always looking for something more. Might work for "drum corps", but it doesn't work for this guy.

I don't mind it, its ok! visually better than technique. But all i vision when i hear the solo is their little chubby centre snare guy, jumping around like a little fat school kid whos had to much chocolate!! He gets jolly excited :sshh:

with regards to 2004 does sound the same. Also how many other corps (snare lines) are doing the deeps, movements etc count pretty much everyone apart from phantom (i think) and they are winning (that was not a knock at any corps)

I liked it the first time I heard it...in 2004.

(I know it's not the same, but it sure does sound similar to me anyway)

actually that's what came to mind for me as well. glad i'm not alone :P

Back to the drum feature... I remember seeing it and thinking...ok...now what? As far as execution...no complaints here. It was effective in the sense of quality drumming, but I am trying to follow "Winged Victory" from start to finish, and I just can't.

I am not a percussionist, but I share the opinion of the few who say they've heard this feature before. I don't know why, but in the drum feature, and the rest of the show...i am always looking for something more. Might work for "drum corps", but it doesn't work for this guy.

Wow, are you in my head or something? :whistle: This is exactly how I feel about it as well.