Minneapolis area DCers...

From AZ - first thing was to call family then check this site - aa we knew it was practice night and we know you all!

Thank you keeping us up to date and our prayers are in MPLS.

Mary Ann & Johnny A

Talked to my friend,Jim "Chico" Lopez who is an MBI alumnus.He said that he travels that strech of road at least once a week. I called him just to see how he was doing.

Hang in there Twin Cities DCP'ers.

Mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I turned on my TV yesterday after work, our local CBS channel was covering the colapse. My first thought was Sh--t it's Wednesday night.

All I could think of was how many MBI'rs were on their way to practice. I traveled that stretch so many times in my 7 years living in that area. Most of the time it was because of MBI practice.

Below is the link to a story from one of the members posted on MBI's website.

http://www.mnbrass.org/story.php?story_id=35

It could have been so much worse. Thanks to powers above, it wasn't!!!

For all we know!!!

Edited by Julie Holmen

It's been a few years since since I marched and instructed, but that's the exact route I would have taken if I still was. I too realized it was "Wednesday" not long after the story broke.

For those from outside the area, not only was this disaster in as area where a drum corps resides (actually multiple), it was a mere 2 miles from the practice site on the busiest bridge in the state minutes after the scheduled start of weekly rehearsal.

I can't believe any singing of "For All We Know" in corps history will match the emotion of that night.

For all we know, we may never meet again...

I would like to thank all of you for your concern, thoughts and prayers. It is true when they say that drum corps is a family and at times like this, it really shows!! Thank you for all of your support, it means alot to all of us!! :)

"For All We Know"

Brian

Going to practice after the tragic accident, YOU GO GIRL!!! Glad to hear you are ok. ^OO^

Tonight on one of the networks, they talked about how one of the drivers on the bridge survived dropping 60 feet. Only positive was that section did not drop as fast as it could have. Guessing that connections to other parts of the bridge slowed the decent.

Then they showed the car that person was in. Pretty sure it was the one right behind the MBI members black car. Scarey crap indeed.....

Tonight on one of the networks, they talked about how one of the drivers on the bridge survived dropping 60 feet. Only positive was that section did not drop as fast as it could have. Guessing that connections to other parts of the bridge slowed the decent.

Then they showed the car that person was in. Pretty sure it was the one right behind the MBI members black car. Scarey crap indeed.....

Here's the story from a local TV station tonight - including MBI practice footage: KARE 11

Thank God all of you are OK.

You've all been praying for my wife Barbara..... and now I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.

Hang in there, our friends from the Midwest!

Fran

Here's the story from a local TV station tonight - including MBI practice footage: KARE 11

Thanks, just read the story and wow..... Any idea if she will attend DCA with the corps?

Edit: Just thought of the Honor Guard.... (been there, done that when I had job conflicts/knee problems)

Oh yeah, Happy B-Day tomorrow to her. b**bs

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Unfortunately she will not, she has to wear the back brace for 3 months. She was a practice tonight and in very good spirits!! She still doesn't know when she will get her car back. They are basically telling her that it be 2 weeks to a month. If I find out any info, I will let all of you know!!

Thank you,

brian