"The Cadets" 2007 DCI World Champions

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw in Atlanta I think the Cadets have a real shot at the title this year. Besides the chatter their show is awesome. OMG.

However, the top two spots are really too close to call and BD could win just as easily. Only the judges know for sure.

I don't see BD or the Cadets having much to worry about wrt the Cavies- this simply isn't going to be their year, imo.

Even though I'll be thrilled if the Cadets win another title there is a downside and that is a championship show with chatter. :wall:

Go Cadets!!!

First off people who have seen my post know I'm a Blue Devil homer/ borg/honk etc...

Last night in Stanford was eye opening. What ever I say about the Cadets, naration or their approach to drum corps. One thing is clear.

They are worthy! I had no problem with last nights results. I wish My Devils could have won But...

First off people who have seen my post know I'm a Blue Devil homer/ borg/honk etc...

Last night in Stanford was eye opening. What ever I say about the Cadets, naration or their approach to drum corps. One thing is clear.

They are worthy! I had no problem with last nights results. I wish My Devils could have won But...

Why thank you. I too, will be happy (read; not too ###### of) if the blue devils take it in Cali. Good luck :)

The Cavaliers should surely receive 3rd (or lower) because they've won too much this decade and it's simply not fair. I wish DCI would allow corps placement depend on the fatigue of the crowd. I’m tired of seeing the Cavaliers win, despite the fact that they are traditionally among the most innovative and clean corps. I just don’t get it – how could they win? Bluecoats and/or Crown deserve a chance to win!

Honestly, if the Cavaliers even come close to gold this year, I'd be so surprised since they're clean and their ensemble sound has well-defined clarity and color. Yeah, their design this year...I mean, Billy Joel? Come on...what a cop out. The only way that show could have worked is if they had a design team with immense talent with a history of taking the seemingly implausible and creating incredible. Too bad they made it work this year...man, those Cavaliers.

There - do I fit in now?

The Cavaliers should surely receive 3rd (or lower) because they've won too much this decade and it's simply not fair. I wish DCI would allow corps placement depend on the fatigue of the crowd. I’m tired of seeing the Cavaliers win, despite the fact that they are traditionally among the most innovative and clean corps. I just don’t get it – how could they win? Bluecoats and/or Crown deserve a chance to win!

Honestly, if the Cavaliers even come close to gold this year, I'd be so surprised since they're clean and their ensemble sound has well-defined clarity and color. Yeah, their design this year...I mean, Billy Joel? Come on...what a cop out. The only way that show could have worked is if they had a design team with immense talent with a history of taking the seemingly implausible and creating incredible. Too bad they made it work this year...man, those Cavaliers.

There - do I fit in now?

so.....cavies fan???

so.....cavies fan???

Nah man, I agree with y'all who think the Cadets have a superior package this year. I mean, with or without narration, their program works - all selections have "This I Believe" in common - even if there was no talking during the show. Aside from that, their hornline sounds with characteristic Cadets sound - so, yeah, I'm down with the Cadets taking a title and recieving credit for incorrect brass playing and and ensemble sound that resembles a train horn. At least they're "loud", right? That's the message we want to send from a corps that has "Youth Education" as their entire motivation. Loud is the best, despite the fact that you are not playing your horns with a correct sound. Baritones, play louder - you sound too much like a euphonium.

Heck, if I were a college tuba/euphonium professor - I'd HOPE my students would go to the Cadets so I can rebuild their face at the beginning of each fall semester.

So, yeah - Cadets can win, as you can see, I'm down. Like I said, Cavies have had their turn.

There - do I fit in now?

You know, you should write for a living. Maybe you could do a piece on raising children to the age of about 12 then eating them. Lace it with sarcasm. Call it, "A Modest Proposal," or something seemingly innocuous.

Thanks for trying.

So, yeah - Cadets can win, as you can see, I'm down. Like I said, Cavies have had their turn.

And two years ago you were...........where???

Somewhere...somewhere out there in the USA...a band camp is starting and some Band Director is demanding from his/her visual staff to teach kids the art of:

TUMBLING!

:sshh: