Crossmen 1992

I had to bring back this thread tonight... I just went to the gym and while I was there I started thumbing through my iPhone and decided to pull this show up for my cardio workout. I don't think I've ever hyped at the gym, but tonight I did. There is something about this show that just makes you smile. #### good beats, good notes, fun vibe.

Let it loose 92 Crossmen!

Just going through some old DVD's before nationals, and this show always gets my hyped and choked up at the same time. What raw talent! What energy! What emotion! What a freaking hyped drum line during the drum feature!

Sick beats, man! Maybe not the cleanest, but how can you not be UP after watching these kids play!!!

Thanks for entertaining through the years, this show would hold up very well today!

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that show. We did a version of it this past year as our show my senior year in HS, and it was a blast. Our drumline had fun with the solo in Rainforest... b**bs

My favorite show of '92. My favorite memory of the summer was when they turned to us one night in retreat and peeled our faces back with their ballad. I was always fond of this corps.

p.s. be ready for this topic to be moved to the historic discussion where it'll die a slow death.

My favorite show of '92. My favorite memory of the summer was when they turned to us one night in retreat and peeled our faces back with their ballad. I was always fond of this corps.

I remember playing for Star at a couple of retreats that year. I think we only did that on a few occasions, and for only a couple select corps. But I always enjoyed the opportunity to perform that song for another brass section who we obviously had a great deal of respect for.

I recall playing that song for Star of Indiana one night, and after we were done, a member of their hornline laughed and said, "You guys are GOOD."

Nice memory. Great summer! :)

I remember playing for Star at a couple of retreats that year. I think we only did that on a few occasions, and for only a couple select corps. But I always enjoyed the opportunity to perform that song for another brass section who we obviously had a great deal of respect for.

I recall playing that song for Star of Indiana one night, and after we were done, a member of their hornline laughed and said, "You guys are GOOD."

Nice memory. Great summer! :)

That might've been me but I can't remember anymore...I definitely know we broke the "retreat decorum" after you guys performed. All I know is all of us had huge grins on our faces. BTW, how long was Shorty with the Crossmen? I heard that guy was a tough dude.