Spirit Vs. Blue Stars

They do not always move in one direction. There...ran rings around you logically. <$1 to Monty Python>

There is the most obvious statement of the year. If they moved in one direction for 10 1/2 minutes they'd be a mile and a half from the stadium at the end of the show. The point is that the left or the right of the drum needs to be facing the stands for maximum projection, which means wherever they are going on the field (most of the time) they will be facing one endzone or the other depending on which side of the 50 they are on, and NOT facing the stands which is how the visual effect of the pants is utilized. I get the $1 intended for Monty Python.

Edited by BozzlyB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it safe to say that Crossmen and Madison are too far back at this point to make a run for finals. I believe it's a three corps race at this point.

Both Crossmen and Madison are currently a good distance behind these shows, IMO.

I agree, I don't think it is correct to include Crossmen and Madison in the race for 12th at this point. I didn't include Academy, because I didn't start the thread as a "who's going to get into 12th" thread, but rather a year long comparison of how close the season has been between Blue Stars and Spirit. However, I definitely agree that it is a 3 way horse race for the 12th spot between S, BS, and A. What makes it so hard to predict, is that each of these three corps has won and lost to the other two at least once this season.

:blah:

Yeah, you sure showed me. :unsure:

Of course they don't always move in one direction. But the direction the corps i marching and the direction the abss drums are facing may not be the same at any given point in time. Ratehr than have the white leg showing at the wrong time for just the bass line, they opted to put hem in all blue, which was a better solution. Not the difficult of a concept to fathom.

Now if the rest of the corps went all blue/black, they'd be in great shape. Or why didn't they just make the bass drummers unis backward like they do with Aussies. J/K.

There is the most obvious statement of the year. If they moved in one direction for 10 1/2 minutes they'd be a mile and a half from the stadium at the end of the show. The point is that the left or the right of the drum needs to be facing the stands for maximum projection, which means wherever they are going on the field (most of the time) they will be facing one endzone or the other depending on which side of the 50 they are on, and NOT facing the stands which is how the visual effect of the pants is utilized. I get the $1 intended for Monty Python.

OK...except they do face the stands or have their backs to the stands at times as well.

Anyway...I was just trying to work in that Monty Python thing for awhile.

I agree, I don't think it is correct to include Crossmen and Madison in the race for 12th at this point. I didn't include Academy, because I didn't start the thread as a "who's going to get into 12th" thread, but rather a year long comparison of how close the season has been between Blue Stars and Spirit. However, I definitely agree that it is a 3 way horse race for the 12th spot between S, BS, and A. What makes it so hard to predict, is that each of these three corps has won and lost to the other two at least once this season.

After seeing all three in Tempe...I give the nod to Spirit ahead of the other two at this point. Blue Stars ending doesn't do it for me. Spirit's guard performed better than either of the other two corps in Tempe, IMO.

It's going to be a fun final three days.

12th position could change every night.

this is from someone not familiar with dci procedures but if 2 or 3 corps tie for the 12th spot do they all get into finals? what happens to them if 2 corps say tie for 6th. are they then eliminated since with 2 6th's the corps in the final will be 12???

this is from someone not familiar with dci procedures but if 2 or 3 corps tie for the 12th spot do they all get into finals? what happens to them if 2 corps say tie for 6th. are they then eliminated since with 2 6th's the corps in the final will be 12???

If this happens, both corps would make Finals

To the poster that thinks Academy doesn't tour enough to be DIV 1:

Would you prefer they get a 100 in DIV 2 finals? Who do you think voted on letting Academy be DIV 1. When BD/Cavies/Glassmen toured Europe and missed three weeks of shows should they have been dropped from DIV 1? They are DIV 1, get over it. At least they aren't spending money they don't have by being on the road all summer. Kudos to them for having a financial plan that seems to be working.

Previous post: If two corps tie for 12th Friday night, they both go on Saturday and 13 corps will be in finals. If two corps tie for 6th, the next hightest score with be called 8th and 12 corps will be in the final show.

To the poster that thinks Academy doesn't tour enough to be DIV 1:

Would you prefer they get a 100 in DIV 2 finals? Who do you think voted on letting Academy be DIV 1. When BD/Cavies/Glassmen toured Europe and missed three weeks of shows should they have been dropped from DIV 1? They are DIV 1, get over it. At least they aren't spending money they don't have by being on the road all summer. Kudos to them for having a financial plan that seems to be working.

Previous post: If two corps tie for 12th Friday night, they both go on Saturday and 13 corps will be in finals. If two corps tie for 6th, the next hightest score with be called 8th and 12 corps will be in the final show.

I'm not saying Academy shouldn't be Div I, but the reference to European tours isn't a good one..First: they were still touring..Second: I'm pretty sure they didn't miss a major regional.

1st, 2nd and third WHO CARES. I hope it is a three way tie and the finals night is a REALLY long one. They all truly deserve it. Last year 12th to 13th had an obvious point difference, but this year anyone on any given night can do it and they all have very worthy shows. Tie em up DCI and let them all taste the magic. Never have I seen a more evenly and well rounded set of D1 corps from the top to the bottom. Yes even Pioneer is far better this year than any other. Wish I could be there, but that stupid thing known as work is in the way. :lol: Goodluck to all and I hope all the shows are dead on, the judges can't take that away EVER.