MEMPHIS SOUND!

I just gotta say GO MEMPHIS SOUND! I am SO proud of yall! :worthy: I also want to say thank you to Andre Feagin for doing such an incredible job bringing this corps to where they are now! I hope this means Div II for them next year and so on and so forth.

Edited by THX 1138

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to echo what you're saying. I barely remember Memphis from last year at Madison, and I think the only reason I watched them was because a friend of mine wrote the drill. THIS YEAR HOWEVER--holy COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be doing a full Bakersfield Review in the next 48 hrs, but suffice it to say, WHAT A CORPS!! And WHAT A HORNLINE!!! They have some VERY mature players and some good teaching.

And in my review, I'll talk a bit about Mr. Feagin and my finally being able to shake his hand after years of admiring his great job as Phantom's DM!!! Great story!

I love how everybody was complaining about Mempho and being so #### negative about everything no less than a month ago... and then they come out and absolutely shock the hell out of everybody (including many in Division 2!!!).

Best of luck to them in Pasadena!

Edited by Musicman1084

I've seen Andre work with Carolina Crown in the past and was impressed with his energy, teaching skills and rapport with the members. When I heard he was the new director and brass caption head of Memphis Sound, I was sure he would make a very positive impact on the corps.

According to their website, Andre Feagin is the brass arranger, Stephen Fritelli wrote the percussion book, Andrew Solomonson is the drill designer Todd Russel is guard coordinator and I'm assuming designer.

:doh:

Go Mempho 901!!!!!

We are all so proud of all you have accomplished and will accomplish!

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere, but wasn't Memphis Sound in Div. II last year? Why did they move down to Div III?

Regardless...congrats and keep it up! That would be pretty cool to seem them on the field during Div I Finals retreat.

Memphis was Div II last year but they have had a drop in numbers and thus went Div III. This is the greatest thing that could happen for them! They are almost unknown in their own city. They must rehearse at a campus that is three hours from Memphis. This may be the spark they need to get the public behind them and the support they so desperately need. These kids have worked so hard and have been shuffled around from one school to another. There were even rumors in the winter that the program would not even tour! WAY TO GO!!! Andre and his young staff have turned this program around. We are so proud of each and everyone of them. I only wish I could be in California cheering them on!

The more I read this part of the forum, the more convinced I am to talk my wife into going to the Div II/III show on Thursday (since we'll be getting in a day earlier than we expected).

Garry in Vegas