Longest Unbeaten Streak ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which begs the question..how many Brigs marched in all 46 wins?

Interesting question. For all 46 wins, I try to remember back to 99 and I can think of around 25 people that marched through the 46. Most people who composed our core of members arrived in 2000 or 2001, or some people left a year for junior corps and came back. All in all I would say that around 60 members marched from 30 to 35 of those shows.

Of the 25 members that won all 46, only 6 are marching Brigs this season. :)

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

Get it Brigs! I was in over 30 of those shows!

You're right! I corrected my earlier post after going through all the recaps. Its 46.

Oops....sorry...

"DCA Started/Early Win Streaks":

DCA actually "Started" in the Fall of 1963. The Hawthorne Caballeros did not participate in 'DCA' (Dispute over the selection of contest judges, something that again surfaced in DCI's "Freshman Year" of 1972) until 1966. The first 'Championship' was in 1965 at Jonathan Law HS in Milford CT, and the Reading Buccaneers did indeed squeak out a win.

As far as pre DCA "Win Streaks" go, the Hawthorne Caballeros managed one from very early 1961 (Loss to Skyliners, in New Haven CT by .05) all the way through July of 1963, having their "Streak" broken by the Skyliners at the Barnum Festivals "Parade of Champions". As far as "Number of shows won", an old Eastern Review shows Caballeros winnng 13 straight in '62'. The "Total" for the duration of their "Streak" is unknown.

There 'May' be a few other "Senior" streaks going way "Back in the Day". Reilly Raiders had an extremly strong corps all throughout the 1950s and an "UD" season might be in there someplace. We welcome imputs from any an all Alumni.

The very old (Junior) St Vincents Cadets had a two year "Streak" going 1950-1952, with an unblemished record, as well "Round Robin Wins" at all the Veterans Championships.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

DCA actually "Started" in the Fall of 1963. The Hawthorne Caballeros did not participate in 'DCA' (Dispute over the selection of contest judges, something that again surfaced in DCI's "Freshman Year" of 1972) until 1966. The first 'Championship' was in 1965 at Jonathan Law HS in Milford CT, and the Reading Buccaneers did indeed squeak out a win.

Glenn needs to put a "history of DCA" page on the DCA website, including how it began and the past champions. There's very little right now. :(

Here's a little known streak....

Who has the record for walking out of rehearsals?

You know that corps director, staff member or member who would get mad at the dumbest things and just walk away.

Here's a little known streak....

Who has the record for walking out of rehearsals?

You know that corps director, staff member or member who would get mad at the dumbest things and just walk away.

We clearly hold that record. You have no idea how many people would walk out of rehearsal because of the stupidest things. Right off the bat I can think of 3 people that walked off almost every weekend because of some problem or another.

We clearly hold that record. You have no idea how many people would walk out of rehearsal because of the stupidest things. Right off the bat I can think of 3 people that walked off almost every weekend because of some problem or another.

I have a few too but I'll wait.

As far as pre DCA "Win Streaks" go, the Hawthorne Caballeros managed one from very early 1961 (Loss to Skyliners, in New Haven CT by .05) all the way through July of 1963, having their "Streak" broken by the Skyliners at the Barnum Festivals "Parade of Champions". As far as "Number of shows won", an old Eastern Review shows Caballeros winnng 13 straight in '62'. The "Total" for the duration of their "Streak" is unknown.

There 'May' be a few other "Senior" streaks going way "Back in the Day". Reilly Raiders had an extremly strong corps all throughout the 1950s and an "UD" season might be in there someplace. We welcome imputs from any an all Alumni.

The very old (Junior) St Vincents Cadets had a two year "Streak" going 1950-1952, with an unblemished record, as well "Round Robin Wins" at all the Veterans Championships.

Elphaba

Right ... 1964 was the first year of competition for the original DCA members: Sky, Hurcs, Reading, Yankee Rebels, I-men, Archie and Pittsburgh Rockets. There was no Championship show in 1964 ... the slate of DCA members stayed the same for 1965 with the Championship show being held in Milford, CT with Reading the winner:

Saturday September 11, 1965

Milford CT DCA Championships STADIUM: Jonathan Law Field DCA

Pos Corps Score

1 Reading Buccaneers 84.500

2 Connecticut Hurricanes 84.360

3 New York Skyliners 83.160

4 Yankee Rebels 80.250

5 Interstatesmen 79.950

6 Pittsburgh Rockets 76.950

The next two years (66 & 67) saw the Championship held at Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport, CT ... then they moved to Rochester for what seemed an eternity from 68-76 (with the exception of 72).

Andy