Your personal QF Rankings

Based on the shows I saw tonight, I disagreed with the judges. A lot.

But I guess that's why they make the big bucks, eh?

Here's where I would've had the field.

1. BD

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets(Placement without Pen.)

4. Phantom

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Crown

8. Blue Knights

9. Crusaders

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

13. Academy

14. Madison Scouts

15. Blue Stars

16. Crossmen

17. Pacific Crest

How would you have ranked the top 17, were you grand poobah of Drum Corps Ranking?

I tend to agree more with Galen than what's shown above. I thought Crown and Academy got dumped a bit. Coats were flat. Crown and PR should be neck and neck and right on Cavies tail. They got it right for the most part .. .so here are my changes:

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Cavies

T4. PR

T4. Crown

6. Coats

7. SCV

8. BK

9. BAC

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Academy

13. Spirit

14. Madison

15. Blue Stars

16. Crossmen

17. PC

Edited by supersop

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

which one is Spirit? 11 or 13 (you have glassmen twice?)

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Cadets- I would ding their GE music score for the ridiculous amounts of babble; it's a shame that their talents are somewhat wasted with yet another strange show, they could win the whole thing with their abilities.

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers- not digging this year, kind of like the 2005 follow-up to the great 007 show in 04.

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Colts- my favorite Colts show, they were great!

11. Glassmen

12. The Academy

13. Blue Stars

14. Spirit from JSU

15. Madison Scouts- I really liked the show, but the competition is just that good!

16. Crossmen

17. Pacific Crest

1 Crown

2 Cavs

3 PR

4 BD

5 SCV

6 Coats

7 BK

rest of field

* Cadets would make my top 3 without narration.

This was by far the best QF I've ever seen (which is only the past 4 years). I was amazed by all of the corps, but of course I have to pick my faves (ranks not based on actual scoring, but how much I got into it).

1) Crown - Most accessible show of the season, most entertaining, great brassline, and the characterization of the guard was outstanding.

2) Blue Devils - Great show, great energy.

3) Glassmen - I loved the music and thought the corps portrayed the theme great.

4) Bluecoats - Great show visually, plus the silent drill was my favorite moment of the whole night.

5) Phantom - I wasn't crazy about Faust, but I was crazy about last night. I think the pics of the sky on the field with the drill was great (e.g. when the members would pretend they were flying and walk towards the pics).

Honorable Mention) Cavies - I may actually look at listening to some Billy Joel now.

However, there were some things I didn't like. I'm not anti-narration, but I don't think the Cadets narration really fit the idea of the show (I thought it was supposed to be about values of being in a drum corps). First of all, there was too much, especially in the beginning. Also, some of the narration didn't make sense (e.g. how is believing in choice a DC value?). Second, the sob story at the end - nix it. Doesn't fit with the show at all, nor does the somber speech match the fast music. Minus the narration, the show was really good. The narration just didn't contribute to the show at all, unlike Crown's final race announcement and the Coats police announcements (that's narration done right).

Also, if you plan on using that much narration, teach the kids how to narrate correctly. The tone of voice they used made it sound cheesy and not genuine at all.

Overall, great QF last night. Our theater was pretty full (Charlotte, NC), but people need to learn not to leave or come back while a corps is performing. Wait until the end or a break in the show. That was my only complaint.

Edited by robweez

BD

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

SCV

Bluecoats

Phantom

Blue Knights

Boston

Colts

Academy

Glassmen

Spirit

Crossmen

Madison Scouts

Blue Stars

Pacific Crest

Edited by VKMello84

BD

Cavaliers

Phantom

SCV

Cadets - (Wow I can't believe I left them out and no one had a hissy fit) - Edit done...

Bluecoats

Crown

Blue Knights

Boston

Glassmen

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Colts

Blue Stars

Academy

Spirit

Pacific Crest

Edited by BigSnareline

my rankings, from a totally no-realistic judging format...aka, what I liked listening to..

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Phantom

4. Madison

5. Colts

6. Blue Stars

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Devils

10. Glassmen

11. Santa Clara Vanguard

12. Pacific Crest

13. Boston Crusaders

14. Spirit of JSU

15. Crossmen

16. Academy

17. Cadets (if Cadets had no narration, or at least better narration, they would definitely be in the top 3)

I would have ranked the Top 22.

I felt that would be unfair to the other 5 corps, considering I did not see them perform last night.

I'm only going to rank 12th on down

12. Blue Stars

13. Spirit

14. Madison

15. Crossmen

16. Academy

17. Cascades

18. Troopers

19. PC

20.Southwind

21.Mandarins

22. Pioneer