Booing and the Cadets

So simply sitting at the Rose Bowl (since it is about the venue) makes booing something or someone you don't like a natural behavior. Makes complete sense.

If mass booing is commonly found in stadiums and you don't like mass booing, why are you in a stadium? That's the most likely place to find this thing that some of you hate so much.

The fans are paying the entrance fee, they have the right to boo OR cheer.

Do you think buying a ticket to the aquarium gives you the right to pour bleach in the tank of a fish you don't like?

Do you think buying a ticket to an art museum gives you the right to throw acid onto the canvas of a painting you find offensive?

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to do anything but ATTEND the show. Buying a ticket gets you IN THE DOOR. You have the right to go inside and sit in the seat you bought OR you can vacate the seat you bought during a performance you find offensive.

period.

Stef

If mass booing is commonly found in stadiums and you don't like mass booing, why are you in a stadium? That's the most likely place to find this thing that some of you hate so much.

And if people don't like Hopkins, narration, electronics, amps or whatever, why are THEY in the stadium? They could have just as well left and got something to eat just as you think this guy shouldn't be in the stadium.

For all those that continue to compare this event to a sporting event...

In a football, baseball, or basketball game, the crowd boos when a bad call is made that they didn't like or when a player shows inappropriate conduct (like throwing a punch, hitting another player, etc). How many times have you ever seen or heard of a crowd booing the team because they didn't like the choice of offensive or defensive plays that the coaches call? (other than intentional walks in baseballl...)

Yes actually that happens a lot, especially in Philly and at Dallas Cowboys games, but thats beside the point you guys, Drum Corps IS "competition" as Curt Gowdy called it a "musical sport"(If it wasnt a competition would be shown on an ESPN network) and competition's there is a lot of booing, and someone brought up the point that they are not "kids" I was using that term cause most of them are still in school/college. so as young adults its not like you are scaring them for life, maybe making them a lil upset which you can turn into motivation,

It's not like you are booing BDC (which would be unethical IMO) or a feeder corps.

Edited by CoreyD

Buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to do anything but ATTEND the show. Buying a ticket gets you IN THE DOOR. You have the right to go inside and sit in the seat you bought OR you can vacate the seat you bought during a performance you find offensive.

Then why aren't people being ejected for these violations? Your analogies are weak, like others in these threads have been.

And if people don't like Hopkins, narration, electronics, amps or whatever, why are THEY in the stadium? They could have just as well left and got something to eat just as you think this guy shouldn't be in the stadium.

Sounds good to me. If we can agree that people booing and people complaining about the booing are all wrong, then we can actually get somewhere. I'm willing to do that now. Are you?

Then why aren't people being ejected for these violations? Your analogies are weak, like others in these threads have been.

Especially the ones comparing drum corps to sports....

Sounds good to me. If we can agree that people booing and people complaining about the booing are all wrong, then we can actually get somewhere. I'm willing to do that now. Are you?

If you are willing, then so am I.

Do you think buying a ticket to the aquarium gives you the right to pour bleach in the tank of a fish you don't like?

Do you think buying a ticket to an art museum gives you the right to throw acid onto the canvas of a painting you find offensive?

period.

Stef

I love you.

For reals, yo.

You're a little bit of all right.