Booing and the Cadets

Stef, not trying to pick on you or anything, but buying a ticket to a game does in fact give a person THE RIGHT to boo. It's not stated on the ticket stub, you are correct. But as clear as bleach, it's implied as a RIGHT in the US Constitution and one does not forfeit that right when they purchase a ticket and enter a stadium. The US Constitution Bill of Rights is where the " comes from something else entirely" is located. But you are correct, it's not on the ticket stub as such. We customarily only see the seat section and maybe if we're lucky a free drink or burger coupon on the back of the ticket stub ( haha )

As long as we are talking about rights...

Let's all agree on this... you have the right to do anything you like. You have the right to eat, sleep, breath, kick a puppy, sing a tune, march with the Cadets, take out a 35mm pistol and shoot someone until they’re dead... you can do anything you like. These are your rights.

However, some of the above mentioned rights are over zealous, rude, abusive, and most importantly, can intrude upon the rights of others.

Last time I checked, the young men and women of the Cadets earned the right to be on that field and perform there show in the World Championship Quarterfinals, just as the their counterparts in the Blue Devils, Vanguard, Cavaliers, Troopers, Colts, Blue Knights, and many other corps did.

They earned the right to perform under the same conditions that the other corps performed under... without being heckled, without being booed, without being made fun of. Regardless of how good or bad their shows were.

They earned the right to perform on a field that was marked correctly so that there was no opportunity for injury (however small that opportunity might have been).

Since he is charged with the safety and well being of the members of the corps, Hoppy has the right, as a corps director, to ##### a situation, deem it unsafe, and respectfully request a level playing field.

You, as a fan, have the right to not like it, the right to boo, the right to hate the director, the right to make fun of the kid doing the narration at the end of the show. Live it up!

But just because you have the right to do something, doesn’t mean you have to act like a Jack@s$ and follow through with it. You have the right to disrespect someone, despite the fact that they have worked their rear-ends off to perform at the highest level possible to try and entertain you.

But just because you have that right, doesn’t mean you should use it.

Oh by the way, you have the right to be tasteless and act like and idiot as well... and quite a few of you exercised that right last night.

Classless and sad….

im still really glad they split but why'd they have to go all the butt **** down to texas. why not run the corps from around PA or maybe NY??

Because Mark Chambers beat out Dr. John Villella of West Chester University for the purchase of the Crossmen during auction. This is insider stuff I'm telling you, by the way. In fact, Dr. Villella and George Hopkins were so sure that the Crossmen business had been concluded, they were finishing up the paperwork. Then, out of nowhere, Mark Chambers swooped in and outbid him. The rest is history.

ummm...they finished 2nd. Or 4th i guess if youre like that. Where did 3rd come from...

most likely, I'll place the blame squarely now on " sleep deprivation ". SORRY. And to use the baseball analogy, I 've definately lost my fastball, curve and slider today, and I think I 'm about to be removed from the game, 'cuz here comes the manager to the mound ( my wife ) to yank me outta here. I'm gonna take a nap now after I'm yanked and hope I'll be more on top of my game with better "accuracy" tomorrow. Bye for now.

I haven't read all of this, and you know how I hate what Hopkins has pushed the last few years...

But

When you are motoring around the field at 180+ bpm the hash marks are a safety issue. Missing your dot is not an option. Hopkins did the right thing for the safety of his kids. It was the right call - booing it is beneath contempt.

Sorry if that was said before - I didn't wade through 45 pages.

EDIT - Sorry - this is Kusankusho - I posted on my wife's id by mistake.......

Edited by kelcanadian

Because Mark Chambers beat out Dr. John Villella of West Chester University for the purchase of the Crossmen during auction. This is insider stuff I'm telling you, by the way. In fact, Dr. Villella and George Hopkins were so sure that the Crossmen business had been concluded, they were finishing up the paperwork. Then, out of nowhere, Mark Chambers swooped in and outbid him. The rest is history.

Just making sure it doesn't get lost in this behemeth.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

Just making sure it doesn't get lost in this behemeth.

thanks for the info...first straight answer i've gotten in DCP probably haha

I haven't read all of this, and you know how I hate what Hopkins has pushed the last few years...

But

When you are motoring around the field at 180+ bpm the hash marks are a safety issue. Missing your dot is not an option. Hopkins did the right thing for the safety of his kids. It was the right call - booing it is beneath contempt.

Sorry if that was said before - I didn't wade through 45 pages.

EDIT - Sorry - this is Kusankusho - I posted on my wife's id by mistake.......

Just me - verifying that that was me saying something nice about Hoppy. Miracles do happen...

I have been in the cadets for about 4 of those past 5 years. I can tell you what it felt like, but since you dont care and think you know better, I wont bother trying to change your mind with silly 'facts' of what it actually feels like down on the field

Oh, I've been there. Bought the T-shirt and felt both the good and the bad. However, that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China these days. The SILLY fact is that the Cadets have a director who ain't the most popular guy in town these days, and is a master of manipulation behind the scenes. He seems to be an expert at getting the BOD to pass rules and regs that either benefit or WILL benefit guess who? Which leads me to wonder if the Cadets success has been achieved or orchastrated. Hash marks for safety? Give me a break. Even football players don't trip over hash marks (if the Cadets do then he should hire a new drill designer). He epitomizes the problem with DCI today. The fans didn't boo the Maroon and Gold anymore than they would boo the Troopers. They can't vote him in and they can't vote him out, so they fought back the only way they could.

I am not condoning the booing so let me set the record straight HOWEVER....

The US Constitution gives all Americans the right to freedom of speech. Most of us know that the booing is wrong but it happened and you have voiced your displeasure with that and I agree with you. This thread, like others, can go on forever because everyone has an opinion and as we all know we will hear everyone's opinion. It's okay. This is a fight that you or anyone else will not win no matter what you say. Find a fight that will be supported by everyone and you'll feel better. This fight will go to a draw.

As long as we are talking about rights...

Let's all agree on this... you have the right to do anything you like. You have the right to eat, sleep, breath, kick a puppy, sing a tune, march with the Cadets, take out a 35mm pistol and shoot someone until they’re dead... you can do anything you like. These are your rights.

However, some of the above mentioned rights are over zealous, rude, abusive, and most importantly, can intrude upon the rights of others.

Last time I checked, the young men and women of the Cadets earned the right to be on that field and perform there show in the World Championship Quarterfinals, just as the their counterparts in the Blue Devils, Vanguard, Cavaliers, Troopers, Colts, Blue Knights, and many other corps did.

They earned the right to perform under the same conditions that the other corps performed under... without being heckled, without being booed, without being made fun of. Regardless of how good or bad their shows were.

They earned the right to perform on a field that was marked correctly so that there was no opportunity for injury (however small that opportunity might have been).

Since he is charged with the safety and well being of the members of the corps, Hoppy has the right, as a corps director, to ##### a situation, deem it unsafe, and respectfully request a level playing field.

You, as a fan, have the right to not like it, the right to boo, the right to hate the director, the right to make fun of the kid doing the narration at the end of the show. Live it up!

But just because you have the right to do something, doesn’t mean you have to act like a Jack@s$ and follow through with it. You have the right to disrespect someone, despite the fact that they have worked their rear-ends off to perform at the highest level possible to try and entertain you.

But just because you have that right, doesn’t mean you should use it.

Oh by the way, you have the right to be tasteless and act like and idiot as well... and quite a few of you exercised that right last night.

Classless and sad….