Booing and the Cadets

Other corps don't act like cadets, other corps don't get booed and heckled.

In fact NO other corps acts like cadets, and NO other corps gets booed and heckled.

Hmmm.... co-incidence ? not in this universe.

What are you talking about- acting like the Cadets?

True enough- there are not many corps at the level of the Cadets and the Cadets do attract the top talent but still that is no reason to boo them - even if you dont like their show. I didn't care for several shows this year but had enough common sense not to make a fool of myself by booing a group a kids. Come on!

Booing is for morons when it comes to an art performance - by kids for goodness sake.

This isn't major league ball no matter how DCI chooses to market the activity just like I'm not really a pony even if I call myself one. ($1 to Dan)

I'm talking about behavior like delaying the show to demand your royal groundskeepers to paint hashmarks and having napoleon dynamite and his friends blabber for 5 minutes of the show.

I agree that booing and heckling is precisely suited for morons exactly like that.

No other corps do that, and no other corps get booed and heckled -- that's a statement of fact.

Edited by bksrbsfl

No offense,

But if you can't stand the heat get the #### out of the kitchen. Seriously. If you didn't know that there was a good chance that people wouldn't like your show when you signed up to march cadets because your director has gone against what many people believe drum corps is you're pretty much a moron.

I wouldn't even care about the boos, if I was in a corps posting up the numbers that they are.

No offense,

But if you can't stand the heat get the #### out of the kitchen. Seriously. If you didn't know that there was a good chance that people wouldn't like your show when you signed up to march cadets because your director has gone against what many people believe drum corps is you're pretty much a moron.

I don't care how much hardwork and effort goes into a show. We're allowed to cheer, we're also allowed to boo. If these kids don't like it they'll march somewhere else. The fans are allowed to express their opinion of a style, a director, or a corps. If the kids aren't tough enough to withstand a little booing they shouldn't be marching corps in the first place. WE baby the #### out of our kids these days. A little negative feedback isn't going to make or break anyone's life.

This conduct isn't despicable, it's simply an expression of how many fans feel about the current direction the cadets are taking. if they don't like it, well, there's always BLAST.

PEACE

What an idiotic, asinine line of reasoning.

No offense,

I don't care how much hardwork and effort goes into a show. We're allowed to cheer, we're also allowed to boo. If these kids don't like it they'll march somewhere else. The fans are allowed to express their opinion of a style, a director, or a corps. If the kids aren't tough enough to withstand a little booing they shouldn't be marching corps in the first place. WE baby the #### out of our kids these days. A little negative feedback isn't going to make or break anyone's life.

This conduct isn't despicable, it's simply an expression of how many fans feel about the current direction the cadets are taking. if they don't like it, well, there's always BLAST.

PEACE

I'm really not that concerned about the members of the Cadets because I know they have more class than any idiot that boos them. Tons more. They are tough or they wouldn't be marching in one of the top corps- year in and year out.

This is about so called fans who dont have the good sense to act responsibly in public. I wonder how much is about jealousy that perhaps they didn't have what it takes to march with a corps that demands top talent. Not everyone my friend can march Cadets. They take the cream of the crop and from seeing their show this year their talent pool hasnt dipped one bit.

I really just wish this thread would die off.

It's the same thing over and over.

Spark Notes:

Booing is free speech and a right to some

Booing is stupid and foolish to others

Everyone should be treated fairly

And some think that fans can show what emotion they want to.

There, close the thread.

I really just wish this thread would die off.

It's the same thing over and over.

Spark Notes:

Booing is free speech and a right to some

Booing is stupid and foolish to others

Everyone should be treated fairly

And some think that fans can show what emotion they want to.

There, close the thread.

you miss the whole point of this thread

"booing is bad cause they're booing the cadets"

Other corps don't act like cadets, other corps don't get booed and heckled.

In fact NO other corps acts like cadets, and NO other corps gets booed and heckled.

Hmmm.... co-incidence ? not in this universe.

:unsure:

you miss the whole point of this thread

"booing is bad cause they're booing the cadets"

I think it is YOU who has missed the point.

I think it is YOU who has missed the point.

Nobody else is getting booed -- could that possibly be because nobody else DESERVES booed ?