Upset at Delucia's comments

I couldn't stand the narration, but I could care less about his comment. I thought it was kinda funny. They're speaking off the cuff, it's a live show, get over it. (sorry, had to put that in there :P )

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing at all wrong with DeLucia's comment.

It's a free country! If you are offended by the comment, that's YOUR problem! It wasn't defamation of anyone's character, so it's fine to say it!

Now if he would've said "If you don't like narration, you are stupid" that would have been a lot different. But that's not what he said. He didn't even imply it.

I raised my hand and thw whole place busted up laughing. I got over it all right..I got up and walked out and stayed gone until they left.

Wow.

You missed a good show.

They have a 'recent age out' and she's unwatchable.

I don't mean interviews with performers. I mean someone up in the box with Dennis and Steve. Or even get someone who is semi-old but still current like Ralph Hardimon. Someone who knows what they are talking about concerning 200- drum corps and doesn't spend the whole time lamenting the old days passing. Like what I was saying about WGI; there were a number of shows that had a very indoor-influenced feel. And Blue Knights for instance have a very good World Class indoor line. Someone who has stayed current could have pointed these things out. I know the theater I was in had a lot of band/WGI kids. And that stuff would not have been lost on them like talking about the first Z-pull was.

I don't think anyone suggested he should be arrested for it.

Yeah, because that would be severe enough.

Burn him at the stake!!

Edited by rosski47

Now if he would've said "If you don't like narration, you are stupid" that would have been a lot different. But that's not what he said. He didn't even imply it.

From my perspective, he did imply that.

I don't mean interviews with performers. I mean someone up in the box with Dennis and Steve. Or even get someone who is semi-old but still current like Ralph Hardimon. Someone who knows what they are talking about concerning 200- drum corps and doesn't spend the whole time lamenting the old days passing. Like what I was saying about WGI; there were a number of shows that had a very indoor-influenced feel. And Blue Knights for instance have a very good World Class indoor line. Someone who has stayed current could have pointed these things out. I know the theater I was in had a lot of band/WGI kids. And that stuff would not have been lost on them like talking about the first Z-pull was.

So, WGI is your standard for cutting edge? You might want to take notice of Dennis' prominent status in the indoor activity then.

Somehow I recall being in the room when he was inducted into it's Hall of Fame.

http://wgi.org/about/halloffame.php

"Dennis DeLucia Little Silver, NJ

Dennis DeLucia is one of the most respected percussion teachers, arrangers, clinicians, and judges in the United States. A member of the WGI Percussion judging community since 1995, Dennis has enthusiastically brought his years of pageantry experience and wisdom to the indoor competitive arena, serving as a benchmark as well as "devil's advocate" to the ever changing environment of adjudication."

There seemed to be more uncontrolled remarks flying than usual this year. The biggest offender in my eyes was Jessica in her last interview with the BD guard girl, when it dissolved into a mush-fest into how much BD means to both of them. Yes, we know you were the BD guard captain and you love them soooooooo much, but could you at least try to keep your interviewer hat on until the camera is off?

Ughh... I'm so sick of Jessica gushing over stuff like this! How predictable was it that the person from BD to be interviewed on the field right after their performance was the ageout guard captain? I wonder how BD drummers or horn players feel about their esteemed alumna?

So, WGI is your standard for cutting edge? You might want to take notice of Dennis' prominent status in the indoor activity then.

Somehow I recall being in the room when he was inducted into it's Hall of Fame.

http://wgi.org/about/halloffame.php

"Dennis DeLucia Little Silver, NJ

Dennis DeLucia is one of the most respected percussion teachers, arrangers, clinicians, and judges in the United States. A member of the WGI Percussion judging community since 1995, Dennis has enthusiastically brought his years of pageantry experience and wisdom to the indoor competitive arena, serving as a benchmark as well as "devil's advocate" to the ever changing environment of adjudication."

I just searched and I don't see myself saying that it was the standard for cutting edge. Perhaps you can point that out in my previous post?

But the point remains, the current 2 hosts of the broadcast have a very biased and "stuck in the past" attitude. I think someone who has marched recently and/or who has taken part in WGI(which does evolve at a much faster pace) would have opinions that would help offset the mid-70s views of the current hosts. I'm not saying get rid of Dennis or Steve, but add someone else with differing views. After all, the "marched in the 70s" group is the smallest group of DCI fans, and is getting smaller every year. It would be nice to see the 00 group represented. Maybe hear some positive commentary once in a while about a show like BK for instance, instead of the same old "it's not accessible" song and dance.