The Rose Bowl

Well, you Rose Bowl "haters" can console yourselves with the fact that for the next TEN YEARS finals will be held in the cultural meca of Indianapolis.

I give it maybe 3 YEARS..and finals will be back to Madison or Denver.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought DCI had a signed contract for 10 years at Indy - or maybe there is a clause to get out of it early?

Not if they have a significant drop in attendance due to people not wanting to plunk down money for the same damm location year after year. There are people whom take their family vacations for finals week..that Do like to something different..and something new. That part in the movie Europen Vacation comes to mind in regards to this

"BIG BEN".

Not if they have a significant drop in attendance due to people not wanting to plunk down money for the same damm location year after year. There are people whom take their family vacations for finals week..that Do like to something different..and something new. That part in the movie Europen Vacation comes to mind in regards to this

"BIG BEN".

People plunk down for atlanta, denver, allentown, san antonio and formerly Indy every year. Not going to be a problem.

People plunk down for atlanta, denver, allentown, san antonio and formerly Indy every year. Not going to be a problem.

You would honestly want to go to the same place every years for finals??

You would honestly want to go to the same place every years for finals??

People go to WGI in the same place every year. People go to the Indy 500 in the same place every year. Kentucky Derby, Masters, US Open (Tennis), Mardi Gras. Other things are in different places: Super Bowl, US Open (Golf), NBA All-Star game, Breeders Cup. So this moves from Column B to Column A.

No biggie in my book. I will go from enjoying the different cities each year to enjoying knowing exactly where to stay and finding favorite haunts in Indy.

People go to WGI in the same place every year. People go to the Indy 500 in the same place every year. Kentucky Derby, Masters, US Open (Tennis), Mardi Gras. Other things are in different places: Super Bowl, US Open (Golf), NBA All-Star game, Breeders Cup. So this moves from Column B to Column A.

No biggie in my book. I will go from enjoying the different cities each year to enjoying knowing exactly where to stay and finding favorite haunts in Indy.

Those events that you mentioned have established their venues at a set location, so they're essentially defined by that venue. The fact that DCI has moved from location to location for finals over the past 35 years forms the characteristic that it is a national event that focuses beyond the proprieties of regional interests and encompasses a more diverse fanbase.

IMHO, it's not good for certain events to be stuck in one location for an extended period of time. No bash on Indianapolis, which I know to be a great city. I would say the same thing for anywhere else.

--they ran out of beer and straws
Drinking beer through a straw is usually not such a good idea anyway.

I'm with ya bra!!! It reminds me of a giant HS stadium...it does not look like a premier college FB venue at all. I am not at all impressed...IT SUCKS HARD CORE!!!!!!

I completely agree. I was at semis and finals and it was a mess. I also think that championships didn't "flow" like previous years at Madison and other venues. No more CALI! The traffic was a flat mess!