The Cadets at Quarterfinals

The Cadets practiced their 1996 show without hashes because they knew it was going to be that way. Not a good comparison.

OK fine - my point still stands. Top 3 DCI corps should not need hashes, bottom line.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think we're overlooking something obvious here.

Who went on right before the Cadets? Cavies.

What color are their uniforms? Green- same as the turf.

What do Cavies do a lot in their show? Roll around on the ground a lot.

CLEARLY, this is a conspiracy by Fiedler! biggrin.gif

YOU ARE A GENIUS

FIEDLER IS A GENIUS!

Does anyone find it funny that in 96, George Hopkins didn't care about kids getting injured when they marched at the Olympics, without yard lines?

I was at the show tonight and what the people in the stands did was just NOT COOL! I honestly don't think George should have made a big deal about the hash marks, but he was looking out for the kids. And all those people who booed I think were totally classless. Yeah I am gonna say that because I did march Cadets, but I would NEVER EVER boo another drum corps. That was just rediculous, and I let it be known. And they can no longer make an excuse saying they are booing GH and not the kids because there were A LOT of jerks who were making fun of the kids.

Edited by 2000Cadet

It's pretty much that fact of how close he sounds to Napoleon Dynamite.

How am I supposed to take that part of the show serious?

Seriously?

OK this is what you do. You think to yourself: this is not comedy. What is being said here is sincere and it is a serious subject. This person probably has feelings and doesn't want to be laughed at. This person cannot help the way he talks. Maybe I shouldn't look like I'm still in junior high and laugh at him.

I was at the show tonight and what the people in the stands did was just NOT COOL! I honestly don't think George should have made a big deal about the hash marks, but he was looking out for the kids. And all those people who booed I think were totally classless. Yeah I am gonna say that because I did march Cadets, but I would NEVER EVER boo another drum corps. That was just rediculous, and I let it be known.

who was booing a drum corps?

I heard alot of people booing Hopkins, didn't hear anyone booing the Cadets

Riddle me this, Batman. Why is it ever a good idea to boo and make catcalls at a DCI show?

A good idea? I'd say it is alright to do it whenever you please, to be honest with you. If it isn't to be allowed at DCI shows, they should work to eject anybody doing it.

It's pretty much that fact of how close he sounds to Napoleon Dynamite.

How am I supposed to take that part of the show serious?

Seriously?

OH MY GOD you are so right. the whole row around me and in back of me was cracking Napolean Dynamite jokes!

The fact that you people are willing to compare Napoleon Dynamite with drum corps just proves how immature you are.

It. Is. Not. The. Same. Thing. At. All.

The Cadets deserved the penalty.

Now, moving on, I'm sure they are looking towards Semi-Finals. I highly doubt that the members are crying over boos the were directed at their director.

The fact that you people are willing to compare Napoleon Dynamite with drum corps just proves how immature you are.

It. Is. Not. The. Same. Thing. At. All.

The voice of the last narrator, sounds like Napoleon Dynamite.

What else am I supposed to compare it to?

George Carlin?

"Well Hank, this narrator sounds nothing like him..."