The Cadets at Quarterfinals

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Look at the scores again. They got 2nd. the 2 points are taken out of thin air not from the scoring.

Look at the scores again. Pay attention to the word BRASS... Don't look at ensemble. Don't look at percussion.... Just the word Brass...

Thanks!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll ante up... 99Misc_twoCents_l_000000_FFFFFF.jpg

If DCI made the agreement on Wed that the field would be re-lined, then they should have been held to it. This is their screwup for not taking care of it. If the 'rules are rules,' then 'agreements are agreements.' Had this not been the case, then I think the Cadets would have been much less likely to get the reversal. Same thing if DCI had declined their request to postpone the show-- then The Cadets receive a penalty. But, the moment DCI agreed to halt the show, they lost the right to penalize them (for this specifically--amp trouble etc. would still be just cause). It would be like getting a hall pass to take a leak only to be handed a tardy slip once you got back to the classroom. Yeah, you should have gone in between classes but, once the teacher says, "Okay," then you shouldn't take a hit for it. Just my opinion.

Please.... Don't they GUIDE? I mean the Cavies use the dot system, yet they marched and won visual without the hash!

:P :P :P

Lol, the cavies are the ones that erased the hashes with all their rolling around on the ground. And we all know that the cavaliers just march on the hashes and yardlines anyway, so they probably destroyed the hashes the most

...ok i kid about that part :P , but seriously, is it that hard to think that the hashes were bad before the cavies went on, and even worse / invisible after they were done.

Look at the scores again. Pay attention to the word BRASS... Don't look at ensemble. Don't look at percussion.... Just the word Brass...

Thanks!

Yeah...the got hammered in brass. Im trying to find the last time that guy judged a major show with the cadets in it...and i cant. Im not calling conspiracy, im just calling for them to move up tonight in that regard :)

Okay, I'll ante up... 99Misc_twoCents_l_000000_FFFFFF.jpg

If DCI made the agreement on Wed that the field would be re-lined, then they should have been held to it. This is their screwup for not taking care of it. If the 'rules are rules,' then 'agreements are agreements.' Had this not been the case, then I think the Cadets would have been much less likely to get the reversal. Same thing if DCI had declined their request to postpone the show-- then The Cadets receive a penalty. But, the moment DCI agreed to halt the show, they lost the right to penalize them (for this specifically--amp trouble etc. would still be just cause). It would be like getting a hall pass to take a leak only to be handed a tardy slip once you got back to the classroom. Yeah, you should have gone in between classes but, once the teacher says, "Okay," then you shouldn't take a hit for it. Just my opinion.

true and true. People just need a justification for their pathetic actions at the rose bowl last night <**>

...ok i kid about that part :P , but seriously, is it that hard to think that the hashes were bad before the cavies went on, and even worse / invisible after they were done.

But if Cavies could perform so well in their situation, shouldn't the (apparently) much more talented Cadets done at least as well?

That is all well and good, but I wonder why this wasn't mentioned at the time, even by Hopkins himself. One would have to assume either he did not remember the agreement, or he felt like the previous agreement wasn't good enough. I don't believe he referenced this agreement that was not properly enforced when he was interviewed, did he? Makes sense to trot that out immediately if that were the real problem. It sounds like they found an escape clause after the fact instead of that really being the problem.

There is no 'controversial' material in the Cadets show...just good drum corps.

Not to you, maybe. But to others, perhaps. Don't disregard just b/c it doesn't apply to you.

As far as "just good drum corps". Yeah, there's good drum corps, when it's not being overshadowed by the all the jabbering going on. And it is, regardless of what you may think.