The Cadets at Quarterfinals

Hmmm Cadets did it in 96.

what interests me more is that only Hopkins would stop a world championship because of faded hash marks

I JUST watched Cadets 96. I can see the yardlines & hashmarks?

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this heaping pile of bull**** about member safety? has no one here actually been on tour before, or am i the only member of any marching organization through all of history to have experienced terrible rehearsal (and sometimes show) fields? i cant even remember how many fields ive rehearsed on that were over grown with grass that hid huge potholes. or fields with sand pits scattered around how about the fields covered in mounds of red ant hills? this safety stuff is a load of bull and completely blows me away.

JMSDUHOFS

(Just My Super Duper Uber Honest Opinion For Serial)

ya and fields with freaking pitching mounds to climb over or plywood on the 50 yard line for crying out loud...been there done that in BOTH situations...

my god youre right. i remember this one time when i was marching in a show and suddenly there were no hash marks. we didnt know what to do so we just started charging into at eachother and in every other direction. it was absolute anarchy and madness... i mean there were no 2 foot marks on the 20 huge yard lines, what did you expect us to do?!?!?! i regret to say that i was the only survivor of the hashless field incident of 2006...

Ok, good NON answer. If the Cadets are expected to march WITHOUT hashmarks, shoulnd't they also be expected to march with other unsafe scenarios?

Sean

w/Stp:

Ok, good NON answer. If the Cadets are expected to march WITHOUT hashmarks, shoulnd't they also be expected to march with other unsafe scenarios?

Sean

w/Stp:

well then to respond to your above scenario, sink holes pose no problem whatsoever to the cadets. they would just fill is with cheese and march over it :sshh:

To me it is quite simple if the rules state that yard lines and hash marks are to be guaranteed by DCI for each and every corps penalty gets removed. If it is not in the rules penalty stays everyone goes home try again tomorrow.

From the BD website live coverage:

"Looks like maybe the has marks have worn down. It's super hard to march without hashes.

I believe in fresh hash marks."

line_the_field.jpg

Can't see the HM!

cav2.jpg

Paintend and not painted, see the difference?

line_the_field.jpg

Field looks terrible!

cadets2.jpg

cav1.jpg

Edited by harrold99

but it wasnt it was a stupid white line which in DCI i have rehersed plenty of times without and i have played a show even with two sets of hashes on the field which is alot more confusing then none. Saftey my but, there not gonna die with no hash marks.. cavies marched circles around them and still had worst field conditions. a penalty was justly made and unfairly deleated AFTER the show was well over. thats like teh day after finals finding out Acheson decided to give the 2nd place corps first. ITS BS.

Cavies had two people fall. That's "marching circles around them"?

cavies marched circles around them and still had worst field conditions.

Actually according to the official score sheet, Cadets & Cavies pretty much split the visual aspect tonight...with or without the penalty.

Sean

w/Stp:

From the BD website live coverage:

"Looks like maybe the has marks have worn down. It's super hard to march without hashes.

I believe in fresh hash marks."

line_the_field.jpg

Can't see the HM!

cav2.jpg

Paintend and not painted, see the difference?

line_the_field.jpg

Field looks terrible!

cadets2.jpg

cav1.jpg

Those are EXCELLENT pictures!!!